Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Top Ten Audio Books


[Audiobooks]
Credit for Top Ten goes to The Broke and the Bookish

Today's Top Ten is going to be a list of my Top Ten favourite audiobooks, they are listed in no particular order.

The Rock n Roll Diaries by Jamie Scallion
This book was offered as a review, and I am so glad I accepted it. This has got to be one of THE BEST audiobooks I have listened to, from the plot, to the narration, to the background effects (traffic, rustling bushes) and then down to the songs played throughout the story, which have even been made into full songs for us and can be found here. This book is addictive and nearly made me want to throw my iPod near the end. This is a must listen book.



Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
This is another book that I loved. I borrowed it off my brother and quickly found myself making my way though it. I love the references to the 80s, the games I played and the TV I watched. I love the sound effects in this book and the plot makes this book stand out by a mile. This is another must listen.



The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
This was another book offered for review and I was immediately drawn to the book by the synopsis alone. When I began 'reading' I was hooked and would turn my iPod back on each time it turned off at the set time. I was extremely disappointed to find out that the next book would be published in 2015!!!!!!




Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
I know there will be a lot of groans about this book. The narrator may be a bit boring and her voice really annoys me, but in all honesty this series is the responsible for getting my reading bug back, and also my audiobook addiction started. So it has some good aspects about it ;)  



Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin
I love this series and have them all automatic pre-orders when a new one is released. With being a member of audible I knew I had to listen to this story too so I could 'read' as I travel. I love the accents of the narrators and I enjoy this just as much as reading the actual book.




Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
This is another series I have read in book but needed to listen to to get the full effect. If you fell in love with Rush and Blaire in the book itself, then prepare to fall again when you listen to this. I absolutely, am 100% in love with the accents, and I personally think it makes Rush even more hotter.



Slammed by Colleen Hoover
I can't remember how I first found this series, but I fell quickly in love. I love listening to the audiobook of Slammed for a lot of reasons, the accents (can you tell I have a thing for accents) but also for the slam poetry. I am not a fan of any type of poetry, so when I read it in this book I never know how it's meant to be read, the rhythm or it etc. So getting the audiobook meant I was able to really feel the flow for the poetry, and make it a bit more 'readable' for me.




Itch by Simon Mayo
This was a free book on audible, I picked this up with a Christmas offer after seeing a few other bloggers rave about it. I began listening with no expectations whatsoever and soon found myself falling head first into the story. Science is not my thing, but if I had this when I was in school I definitly would have paid more attention. The plot keeps you hooked, the narrator does a fantastic job of keeping you wanting more, and Itch is easy to like.


H.I.V.E by Mark Walden
I can't remember if this was another audible freebie or part of my credit. I had heard a few things about this series so thought I would give it a try. I found myself enjoying this far more than I thought I would, even though it's aimed at a younger age to what I normally read or listen to. I like the plot, the characters, and the mystery, and I am glad I listened to this so I got an idea of how to pronounce some of the names. :)



Dark Eden by Chris Beckett
This was another offered for review, and I had not heard of this book or this author at all so I did some research before accepting. I loved this book more than what I thought I would. The world Chris has created was amazing, yet scary. The characters were easy to love and hate. Most importantly.....yes again....I loved the accents, they even managed to sound more English than I actually do myself.



So that's my Top Ten audiobooks, have you listened to any of these? What did you think? What audiobooks do you recommend for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...