Sunday, 9 March 2014

Stacking the Shelves


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

This week I received…….

Blond Ops: A Novel by Charlotte Bennardo from netgalley for review
Torn Away by Jennifer Brown a read now for first 500 on netgalley
Mutant City by Steve Feasey from publisher for review.
Harvester by Rachel Russell from publisher for review
Talus and the Frozen King by Graham Edwards from publisher for review



Fragments by Caroline Green
Clockwise to Titan by Elon Dan
The Jade Boy by Cate Cain
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Heap House by Edward Cary
Fearsome Dreamer by Laure Eve
The Lovely and the Lost by Paige Morgan
American Savage by Matt Whyman

Say Her Name by James Dawson
Firewallers by Simon Packham
Run by Gregg Olsen
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau

Shift by Jeri Smith Ready from Cicely @ Cicely Loves Books
Looking for JJ by Anna Cassidy from Debbie @ Snuggling on the Sofa
Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie from Debbie @ Snuggling on the Sofa
I also got to get a few books that we picked up at the blogger event signed by the authors. I also took my copy of Stitch Up to get signed, and it was the very fist signing that Sophie has ever done!!!!

MetaWars: Blood Nexus by Jeff Norton

Blond Ops: A Novel was a request from a while ago, and one I didn't expect to be accepted for as it's a USA publisher but I am excited to read this one. Torn Away was in the netgalley round up and was a read now for the first 500 people, I have never got onto netgalley so fast before, and was even happier to discover this was a book I had on my to-read/wish list on goodreads. Mutant City sounds great and I am super happy to have a proof copy in my hands, I love the cover idea they did for it which I will share when my review goes up for it. Harvester sounds interesting so I couldn't say no to receiving a copy of this for review. Talus and the Frozen King sounds like it has the possibility to be a very good read, I am hoping to make a start on this one soon.
I also attended a blogger event with Hot Key Books, Templar Publishing, and Piccadilly Press. We came home with a goody bag full of books and got chance to meet some great authors. As usual with these types of events there was a lot of book swapping and I managed to give away five of my own books, and gain three in return. Shift is the second book in this series, and I have made a start on Shade and put it down for some reason, so I am looking forward to picking these back up again soon (thanks Cicely). I got Looking for JJ and Girl, Missing from Debbie, I have the second JJ book but didn't want to start it before reading the first so I am super happy to have the first book. Girl, Missing has been on my radar for a while so I am also super happy to have this one too (thanks Debbie).

I am also beyond excited to be able to Beta test MetaWars: Blood Nexus. I have been stalking iBook store looking for this book, and thanks to Jeff I am able to read it now.....it's very addicting.

What exciting things did you receive this week?

3 comments:

  1. I've looked at Blonde Ops on Netgalley, and it looked pretty cool! Awesome haul, Michelle! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super jealous of the Jeff Norton, Im gutted its only available on ibooks. Was great to see you at HK. Hope you enjoy Looking For JJ, I was pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ...I only recognized Independent Study what a haul you've got there. YOu are going to be buried!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...