Monday, 31 March 2014

The Reading Queue: April


The Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.
The Reading Queue is hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A true story.
Before we see what I plan to read this month, let's take a recap on last months Reading Queue and see how I did...



Panic by Lauren Oliver
Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Urban Outlaws by Peter Jay Black [review] ★★★★★
Purity by Jackson Pearce [review]★★★★
A Midsummers Nightmare by Kody Keplinger [review]★★★★
Dandelion Clocks by Rebecca Westcott [DNF]
Trouble by Non Pratt [review]★★★★★
Dead and Buried by Anne Cassidy [review]★★★★
Rock War by Robert Muchamore [review]★★★★
and from my TBR Tin.....Stray by Monica Hesse

Grim by various authors [review]★★★★
Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting [review]★★★★
Exposure by Kathy Reichs [review] ★★★★★

I also managed to squeeze in the following books this month....
Night Broken by Patricia Briggs [Super mini review on goodreads]★★★★★
The Wild Side by Magan Vernon
Wild For You by Magan Vernon
Harvester by Rachel Russell [review]★★★1/2
Only The Good Die Young by K.K. Hendin [review to come]
Flirty Dancing by Jenny McLachlan [review to come]
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas [review]★★★★★

I think this has been a slow reading month for me. I wish I could have read more, but the kids in my work have a huge mix of germs going on right now, and last week I got bits of them, cold, headaches, sore throat, and I had no energy to read, so instead of taking a day or two to read a book, it was taking me a week to read one.
I was also doing good at sticking to my Reading Queue this month at the beginning of the month, but got distracted halfway through and found myself reading other books or some late review books to arrive.

Now lets take a look at my Reading Queue for this month............


Mutant City by Steve Feasey
Bombmaker by Claire McFall
Stitch Up by Sophie Hamilton
Fragments by Dan Wells
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
Department 19: Battle Lines by Will Hill


The Fearless by Emma Pass
A Betty's Pledge by Emma Husher
Expiration Day by William Campbell Powell
Far From You by Tess Sharpe
Adaptation by Malinda Lo
The Recruit by Robert Muchamore
The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa
The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
Eversea by Natasha Boyd

I have a lot of netgalley books for review so my haul is mostly eBooks this month and if I have enough time I may be able to tackle some of the books I didn't get chance to read last month. I also have a few days off work for the Easter bank holiday coming up, while one is mostly taken up with taking my niece and nephew out I will hopefully be able to grab a few extra reading hours on these days.

Have you read any of these books, which should I tackle first? Don't forget to leave a link so I can stop by your Reading Queue.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely adored Far From You and hope you do too! Geography of You and Me and Bombmaker are both awesome too.CHERUB was one of my fave series. The Recruit is quite basic but I can assure you the series gets better! Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting more from The Recruit, so I may give the next book a try thanks to your recommendation :)

      Delete
  2. I am completely shocked every single time I see your reading queue list and the number of books you complete in a month. EXCELLENT! (and a bit jealous) I would be done with the pile in my house if I could finish 12 books a month. WOW! I would be happy with half of that number :) Great reading queue for the month

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get to your Reading Queue. Even though the month is over, I wanted to stop by and see what you are reading. The Dandelion Clocks title really caught my eye - too bad it was a DNF. Everyone seems to love The Forever Song. I haven't read anything by Julie Kagawa yet and I really should. Hope you had a good reading month :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...