Sunday, 27 April 2014

Stacking the Shelves


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

This week I received…….

Getting By by Claudia Y. Burgoa from publicist for review
Will the Real Abi Saunders Please Stand Up from netgalley for review
Sidekick by Auralee Wallace from netgalley for review
Witch Finder by Ruth Warburton purchased by myself

French Kiss by Sarra Manning purchased by myself
Kiss and Make Up by Sarra Manning purchased by myself
Sealed With A Kiss by Sarra Manning purchased by myself
Shucked by Megg Jensen from netgalley for review

Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman purchased by myself
Checkmate by Malorie Blackman purchased by myself
Double Cross by Malorie Blackman purchased by myself
Some Fine Day by Kat Ross from netgalley for review

Nash by Jay Crownover from publisher via netgalley widget
True Fire by Gary Meehan purchased by myself
Above by Isla Morley from publisher for review [unsolicited]

My Unexpected Forever by Heidi McLaughlin audiobook purchased by myself
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor audiobook for review

Getting By was sent from the publicist, I have not heard of this author before but the book does sound interesting. This is also from last week, I forgot to add it to my haul. Will the Real Abi Saunders Please Stand Up has been on my radar for a while so I knew I had to request it when I saw it on netgalley. Sidekick is actually a boo from last week that I forgot to add to my haul. I went on a book buying binge this week and picked up a lot of books for YALC in July, I did only pay about £25 for Malorie's, Ruth's, and Sarra's books, so it was a bit of a bargain. When I got the email about Nash I was on my lunch break in work, and I swear I had a goofy smile on my face and kept on looking around the staff room to make sure I wasn't getting funny looks. Shucked and Some Fine Day were books I did not expect to be accepted for, so I was pleased to be accepted, and I really do need to avoid netgalley.
True Fire isn't a book I have heard of, but I saw this in my local supermarket and couldn't help but pick it up. The Forever Watch has me intrigued so I am looking forward to starting this one. Above is a finished copy off the publisher and also my second copy of this boo, so I may be looking for a new home for this one.

My Unexpected Forever is an audiobook I purchased with my credit, I love this series and I am really looking forward to listening to this one. Dreams of Gods and Monsters is a HUGE audiobook, just over 18 hours, I am currently in the middle of one of my own book which I will have to put on hold to listen to Geek Girl from last week and Dreams of Gods and Monsters.


What exciting things did you get this week?

2 comments:

  1. I have had Witch Finder for a couple of months so I am hoping to get round to that in the next few weeks, I have only had 1 new book this week and that was Brooklyn Girls:Angie but I ordered The Program by Suzanne Young and Starstruck by Rachel Shukert from amazon marketplace, both are from the US though and will probably take a few weeks to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Manning books look awesome, Michelle! I have Adorkable by her on my shelf, but haven't read it yet. Great haul, enjoy all! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...