Friday, 30 May 2014

Life of a Blogger: Siblings


[Hosted by Novel Heartbeat]

What is it?
It’s a weekly feature. Each week I will choose a subject and talk about that subject in my life. The topics will be non-bookish so that you can get to know me on a more personal level! I definitely encourage you guys to participate, too. I want this to be meme style with a linky for you to add your posts to. I want to know more about you guys as well!

When is it?
Every Thursday. It doesn’t really matter when you post, though, as long as it’s not before 12 AM EST on a Thursday. If it’s more convenient to post on another day of the week, that’s perfectly fine! Just remember to come back and add your link to the linky :)
This is my second time at participating in this meme, and I really hope to try and post ore often.
Todays topic is......

Siblings


I am unlucky to have two siblings, one of each. I have an older sister and a younger brother. My sister is a year older.....exactly, due to her wanting to wait a week, and myself being in a hurry, she has possibly the best present for her first birthday, ME. My brother is 5 years younger than me in birth years, but in actual years is 4 years 2 months younger than me, which he points out on occasion.

Growing up and being the middle child meant that my siblings usually ganged up against me and blamed me for a lot of things. We also managed to get our own back in various ways, salt in cups of tea that we HAD to drink, a super thick layer of margarine on bread at meal times that we again HAD to eat, pinching each others elbows when sitting next to each other on the sofa. Why did we not snitch? because it would get us all in trouble, even the victims, so we just grinned and bared it, and plotted revenge for a later date.

But we also got on well a few occasions. My sister stood up for me in school, we shared toys and played Barbies, and she also made me an auntie, who sends the kids hyper and packs them off back home. My brother is my movie companion, video game player, and out of my siblings, is the one who has a similar sense of humour as me, we show our feelings with name calling, kicking fights, and me generally letting him call shot gun on every occasion.

While we do have our ups and downs, I really don't know what I would do without my siblings, especially after recent events made us a lot more closer and appreciative of each other.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's pretty cool (or maybe annoying) you share the same birthday as your sister, I imagine there was many shared parties. I have one brother who is 5 years older than me and we have always got on really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...