Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Quickie Review: Dead Girls Walking by Suzy Cox


Title: Dead Girls Walking
Author: Suzy Cox
Author Info: Tumblr|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult
Series: Dead Girls Detective Agency #2
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Much-in-Little
Publication Date: 15th May 2014

Tell Me About It
The Dead Girls Detective Agency trilogy charts the adventures of teens in NYC, tasked with solving the mystery of their murder from beyond the grave.

Lorna has been dead long enough to know the Rules. But that doesn’t stop her showing up at her little sister’s high school production of Hipster Hamlet. But when she arrives, a lighting rig comes crashing down on the lead cast member mid-performance. All fingers point to Lorna’s little sister, Emma, and it’s up to The Dead Girls Detective Agency to find the real culprit. Unless Em’s not as innocent as she looks?

Charlotte wants to help Lorna prove her sister’s innocence, but she’s completely distracted. Not only is her ghostly-self suspended in this New York-limbo-hotel, she is having to deal with the fact that the very alive love of her life has moved on. And then there’s the cute dead boy Edison, who seems to be acting nice all of a sudden. But is Charlotte ready for a new boyfriend, and one with such a murky past?

My Thoughts
This series is still quite new to me, I had literally just finished reading The Dead Girls Detective Agency when I picked up Dead Girls Walking.

One thing I liked about Dead Girls Walking was how it is focused on one of the other girls in the agency, and that it's not all about Charlotte again, I liked getting to see from a different perspective. The plot itself had me wondering who was the suspect and I liked how it ended up being a double investigation. The ending was not what I expected and surprised me, I did not know that something like that could happen and I am definitly interested in how this is portrayed in the next book.

That being said though I didn't get into Dead Girls Walking as much as the previous book. I think having read them so close together and them both being the same subject they felt to similar to me, and although there were surprises, there wasn't much to differentiate them. I think if I had given them some time before diving into Dead Girls Walking I would have enjoyed it a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...