Monday, 26 May 2014

Review: Inked Armor by Helena Hunting


Title: Inked Armor
Author: Helena Hinting
Author Info: Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: New Adult
Series: Clipped Wings #2
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Gallery Books
Publication Date: 13th May 2014

Tell Me About It
In this follow-up to Clipped Wings, the emotional love story continues between Hayden and Tenley; two young people who desperately want to love and be loved but are afraid to completely let go of their pasts.

In the wake of losing Tenley Page, tattooist Hayden Stryker's tumultuous past is haunting him. Plagued by nightmares about the murder of his parents, Hayden reaches out again to Tenley. Having run from the man she doesn't believe she deserves, Tenley finally lays her guilt to rest. Despite their intense physical attraction, Hayden and Tenley struggle to repair their fragile emotional connection. As Hayden gets closer to the truth, he must find a way to reconcile his guilt over his parents' death in order to keep the woman who finally cracked his armor, and found her way into his heart.
My Thoughts
When  I saw Inked Armor on netgalley I knew I had to find out how it finished (even though I already knew) and the minute I got it downloaded onto my iPad I began reading. That is also the reason why this is going to be a small and vague review, as it was a late night read and I didn't make any notes whilst reading.

Ink Armor picks up a short time after Clipped Wings ends, and the short novellas will fill in this gap if you need to know, but it is easy to pick up Inked Armor and pick up the story without feeling like you have missed out on anything. Both Tenley and Hayden are trying to deal with their own grief and problems.
Hayden is trying to continue with his life, but is still haunted by Tenley and misses her every single second or every single day. He is struggling and the signs are showing with his OCD tendencies getting out of hand. Tenley is trying to deal with the estate she has been left with, her crazy brother-in-law, and finally coming to terms with the death of her entire family.

I enjoyed Inked Armor more than I expected to, I think this one held more of a hold over me due to the tension of wondering if they would get back together or not (yes I know how this ends, but the tension was still there), and when Hayden remembers things from his parents murder it only ups the ante and gets you turning pages even faster.

Inked Armor was a quick, gripping read, and I really liked getting to see more of Hayden and Tenley. One thing I would have loved to see would be picture or images of the tattoo that Tenley gets.

1 comment:

  1. Great review, Michelle. I hadn't heard of this series before and that cover is absolutely stunning! Definitely have to read these sometime soon(:

    -Courtney Ann
    Rondo of a Possible World

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...