Thursday, 15 May 2014

Review: Jesper Jinx by Marko Kitti


Title: Jesper Jinx
Author: Marko Kitti
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Book Website: Jesper Jinx
Series: Jesper Jinx #1
Source: Author
Publication Date: 28th April 2014

Tell Me About It
Jesper Jinx is eleven, and probably the unluckiest person in all of Puffington Hill. Everything he touches seems to end up in sweet disaster. Hence his nickname 'Jinx'.

In this first book of Jesper Jinx's wonderfully wicked adventures you're going to meet Jesper's family and Snowy the Cat.

Also, there's a mysterious new classmate with a moustache. And it's up to Jesper to launch his famous Boredom Breaker.

As Jesper so frequently says, 'What harm would it do to have a little fun?'

Humorous middle grade fiction from author Marko Kitti.
My Thoughts
When I was contacted by the author to review Jesper Jinx I was a bit hesitant. I had not heard or the book or the author before. I did some research and took a quick look inside this book, and what I read had me in stitches, so I sent an email back saying I would love a copy. Jesper Jinx is a short, quick read, only being 150 pages long, but I actually lost count of the amount of times I laughed whilst reading Jesper Jinx.

I really don't want to explain too much over each individual story that is in Jesper Jinx, so this review is going to me more about what I thought, than what actually happened.
I will be the first to admit that Jesper Jinx is not aimed for my age at all, in fact it's more suited for my nephew or niece, so knowing this I did go into reading Jesper Jinx with the intention that I was reading it for my niece or nephew. I took my 'adult' head off, and regressed a lot of years to my younger self.

Jesper Jinx contains three stories, four if you count the point of view from the cat, JESPER JINX and the COLOURFUL CAT, JESPER JINX and the SPANISH SHENANIGANS and a bonus story: JESPER'S RIDICULOUSLY SHORT NIGHTY-NIGHT TALE

The introduction for Jesper Jinx was a unique one, we firstly get to see Jesper at home with a Boredom Buster. We then get an introduction from the author when he bumps into Jesper, and what follows is Jesper telling the author his stories that involve Boredom Busters, in other words some ridiculously funny pranks.

Within the pages of Jesper Jinx there are also some images of Jesper and some characters from within the pages, some of these are even in colour on the kindle version too. They add a nice touch to the book and I looked forward to seeing what images would be shown next.
Jesper
[source]
Snowy
[source]

Jesper Jinx is a good Middle Grade book, and even I am looking forward to seeing what other Boredom Busters he has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...