Sunday, 11 May 2014

Stacking the Shelves


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

This week I received…….

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry only 20p on kindle
Take Me On by Katie McGarry from netgalley for review
Picture Perfect by Alessandra Thomas free on amazon
Stronger Than You Know by Jolene Perry from netgalley for review

The Dead Girls Detective Agency by Suzy Cox from publisher for review
Dead Girls Walking by Suzy Cox from publisher for review
Jesper Jinx by Marko Kitti from author for review
The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey from netgalley for review

Subject To Change by Alessandra Thomas purchased by myself
Drop Everything Now by Alessandra Thomas purchased by myself
The Maleficent Seven by Derek Landy from publisher for review [unsolicited]


Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison purchased by myself
Game by Anders de la Motte purchased by myself
Buzz Anders de la Motte purchased by myself
Bubble Anders de la Motte purchased by myself
A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison purchased by myself
Burning Bright by Sophie McKenzie purchased by myself
Adorkable by Sarra Manning purchased by myself
Everneath by Brodi Ashton purchased by myself

I have already read Pushing the Limits, but couldn't resist picking up this for my kindle. Take Me On was one of my automatic approvals and when Katie had posted on twitter it would be available the next day, I may have stalked netgalley waiting for this to appear. Picture Perfect has been on my to-read list since last year, this was free on amazon so I couldn't help but pick this one up....and also read it immediatley. Stronger Than You Know was one I HAD to read, I love anything Jolene writes and I am super happy I got approved for this one.

The Dead Girls Detective Agency and Dead Girls Walking were sent from the publisher, I am taking part in the blog tour for Dead Girls Walking and they kindle sent me both books to read. Jesper Jinx is a MG book, but after having a look inside on amazon I had to accept this one. I missed the UK version of The Girl With All The Gifts and put in a request for the US copy and was very surprised to be accepted.

After finishing Picture Perfect I had to buy the rest in the series, both Subject To Change, and Drop Everything Now. The Maleficent Seven was sent unsolicited, and I have not read any of the books in the series, although the press release does say this can be read alone.

I also went book shopping to Southport with one of my bookish friends, and we both had a very productive day. I came home with 8 books. Kim Harrison's books are being added to my collection, Everneath is one I have been wanting to read for a while, so I couldn't turn this one down. Anders de la Motte's books sound interesting, and as they were all less than the price of a book for this set I thought I would give them a try.


What exciting things did you receive this week?

3 comments:

  1. What a week!!!! So many amazing titles!!! I really hope you enjoy all your new reads.
    I think my Sunday is to be spent reading, eating treats and drinking tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Adorkable yesterday as I found it for just £1 in The Works. Think it looks a pretty cute read. I have read the Dead Girls Detective Agency and enjoyed it so I will check out the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dead Girls Detective Agency looks fab, Michelle! Fantastic haul, and I hope you enjoy every book you read! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...