Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Author Takeover: Jolene Perry -Things I Love About Being a Writer


I thought it would be fun to talk about some of the things I love about being a writer:

ONE
When I’m introduced to new people by my husband or my friends or when I talk in schools, I’m called “author Jolene Perry” which is pretty awesome and sounds so much cooler than – “This is a woman who hangs out in pajamas, makes stuff up, and writes it down.”

TWO
Doing “research” sometimes includes scanning the internet for photos of hot guys that I plan on putting in my books.

THREE
If there’s a place I’ve always wanted to live, or something I’ve always wanted to do, I can make my character do this thing, and live vicariously through them.

FOUR
I can work anywhere. I’ve woken up in the middle of the night with an idea, tiptoed into the bathroom w/ my laptop, and worked. This one does have a downside, which is – sometimes an idea grabs me in the middle of the night, and I lose sleep because I have to get it down, so I end up writing on the bathroom floor…

FIVE
I get to take trips can call it “work.” When I buy young adult books, it’s a work expense. When I go to Starbucks because I want to write somewhere that is not home, that’s a “work” meal.

SIX
I feel like I’m so completely rich in friends. The real-life kind that I stay in touch with during my days writing as I flip to Facebook and Twitter and Instagram… And also the character I create because they feel so incredibly real to me. The idea that I’ll never meet them is sort of…strange.

SEVEN
READERS!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m amazed all the time that people who aren’t my immediate family and friends have bought my book. SO. CRAZY. And when someone takes the time to drop me a note to say—hey, I loved that story—it generally makes my week.

And that’s what I love about being a writer ;-)

Thanks SO much for having me on today!!


~ Jolene

Find Jolene: Amazon - Barnes & Noble - Wattpad - Facebook - Blog - Twitter - Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...