Friday, 6 June 2014

Life of a Blogger: Embarrassing Things


[Hosted by Novel Heartbeat]

What is it?
It’s a weekly feature. Each week I will choose a subject and talk about that subject in my life. The topics will be non-bookish so that you can get to know me on a more personal level! I definitely encourage you guys to participate, too. I want this to be meme style with a linky for you to add your posts to. I want to know more about you guys as well!

When is it?
Every Thursday. It doesn’t really matter when you post, though, as long as it’s not before 12 AM EST on a Thursday. If it’s more convenient to post on another day of the week, that’s perfectly fine! Just remember to come back and add your link to the linky :)
This is my first time at participating in this meme, and of course it's not Thursday today, but since I had a blog tour post yesterday I decided to post this today instead. Todays topic is......

Embarrassing Things

Since it doesn't really say what type of embarrassing things we have to post about, I'm going to go with a few things that looking back on, are very embarrassing.
I am a very gullible person, and whatever my Dad told me I believed, from the plan stupidly most obvious things, right down to little things regarding games we played.


  • My first memory was being on holiday in Wales. The phone boxes had 'phone' written in Welsh and English, and the side we could see was Welsh. My Dad told me to walk up to a group of people and ask them where an English phone box was. Me being gullible walked up to this group and repeatedly asked where the nearest English phone was. Of course they looked at me like I was an idiot, and it wasn't until I turned around and looked at my Dad, who was laughing so hard he was nearly crying, that I realised he was winding me up.
  • We were watching a TV show where they were strapping someone down for an operation on their head. My Dad asked me if I knew why they were strapping the person down so I said no. He looked at me, with a serious expression and told me it was so that they didn't spin around in circle on the operating table when they drilled into them. I fell for it, and as he was laughing at me (again) he told me it was to keep them still so they didn't move.
  • We took my nephew to the Lakes for a day out and they had a car thing going on, a lot of people has gotten together and had all these old cars lined up for people to look at. My Dad asked me if I knew how they got the cars there, I told him no. He then informed me that they had holes in the bottom like the Flintstones had in their car, and they pedal them with their feet.
    Source
    Did I believe him...yes.....and once again he thought it was highly funny, as did my Mum, and proceeded to tease me about it for the rest of the day.
  • Playing Animal Crossing on my DS, my Dad told me if I shouted when a fish was in the water it would scare it away. He also said if I blew into it then it would blow the birthday candles out on the cake in my house. I proceeded to shout, very loudly, into my DS trying to scare the fish. When it didn't work I went to my house and tried to blow out the candles. I did have some issues with my mic picking up things for other games, so when I looked up to tell my Dad it wasn't working as my mic wasn't too good, he was silently laughing at me making a fool of myself....again.
As you can see, looking back on some of these things can be very embarrassing, and every person that I took home, from my friends to my boyfriend, got told al these stories, with me sitting beside them hiding my face. Now my embarrassing things are out and open for the whole world to see, and hopefully learn from my mistakes.

What embarrassing things did you share with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...