Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Review: Lobsters by Tom Ellen & Lucy Ivison


Title: Lobsters
Authors: Tom Ellen & Lucy Ivison
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Chicken House
Publication Date: 5th June 2014
Purchase Links: Amazon UK|Amazon USA

Tell Me About It
Sam and Hannah only have the holidays to find 'The One'. Their lobster.
But instead of being epic, their summer is looking awkward.
They must navigate social misunderstandings, the plotting of well-meaning friends, and their own fears of being virgins for ever to find happiness.
But fate is at work to bring them together. And in the end, it all boils down to love.
My Thoughts
The minute I began reading Lobsters I was hooked, Sam and Hannah are so hilarious that I actually lost count of how many times I laughed out loud, I even gave up reading this anywhere but my house where I had the freedom to laugh without getting funny looks. Lobsters has everything you would expect from two teenagers looking for their lobster, and to lose their virginity, laughter, tension between friends trying to help them, and some pretty crazy parties.

Sam and Hannah have got be some of the most amazing protagonists I have read about, and not because they were super smart, or just the best at anything they set their mind to, but just reading how they are trying to find their way in the world of love, fumbling along trying to find a connection with someone certainly made for an entertaining read.

The voice of Lobsters was perfect, told in a teenage perspective that just works so well. Yes there was swearing, and a lot of talk on how they look at sex, but it was all relative to the story itself and not once did it get too much. There were also references to pop culture, books and movies, and every time it was mentioned in Lobsters, I couldn't help but smile....and maybe laugh at the context it was mentioned in.

Lobsters is a great d├ębut book, and makes for a fantastic summer read, and I can't wait to see if this writing duo will bring us another book at some point in the future.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really cute, the title is an odd one though as I don't know if I would gravitate towards a book called Lobsters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...