Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Review: Picture Perfect [Geek Girl #3] by Holly Smale


Title: Picture Perfect
Author: Holly Smale
Author Info: Twitter|Facebook|Website
Genre: Young Adult
Series: Geek Girl #3
Source: Purchased by myself
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Publication Date: 5th June 2014

Tell Me About It
"My name is Harriet Manners, and I'll always be a geek."

It's the hilarious third book in the No.1 bestselling, award winning GEEK GIRL series!

Harriet Manners knows more facts that most. She knows that New York is the most populous city in the United States. She knows that its official motto is "Ever Upward". She knows that 28% of Americans believe we never landed on the moon.

But she knows nothing about modelling in the Big Apple, and how her family will cope with life stateside. Or how to "become a brand", as the models in New York put it. And, even more importantly, what to do when the big romantic gestures aren't coming from your boyfriend...

Does geek girl go too far this time?

The laugh out loud follow-up to award winning GEEK GIRL and MODEL MISFIT will have you in stitches
My Thoughts
When I first began reading the Geek Girl series, I fell in love with the characters and world, and I have impatiently waited for each new instalment to be released. When Picture Perfect finally arrived I could not wait to make a start on it, and I dropped the books I was reading and made a start on Picture Perfect. It took me 2 1/2 hours to read this book, I could not read it fast enough.

I thought it would be hard to still be surprised by what Harriet can get herself into, but Holly has not only managed to keep Harriet the exact same person, but also brings a lot of surprises, and a lot more facts to each story. I love how easy it was to read Picture Perfect, this is one of the few series where you don't need to over analyse every single word or event, you can literally open the page and fall right in, and not come back up for air until its finished. The plot is easy to follow and while you can guess the outcomes of some things...mainly things that involve Harriet, there was still a few things that surprised my, either characters behaving differently, or the shock ending that broke my heart (how could you do this to me Holly?)

Picture Perfect was even more enjoyable than the previous books, and I was so happy to find out that there would be more books in this series (I may have possibly been the last to know about this). With Harriet in USA we don't really get to see too much of Nat or Toby, and while I did miss these characters, there was enough going on, and also some old and new faces to meet, that I didn't feel like I had missed out on them not being around. Picture Perfect is a must read for fans of this series, and I am so glad I did not wait for the paperback to be released before reading this one.

Purchase Links: Amazon USA|Amazon UK|Audible UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...