Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Review: The Possibility of Us by Lisa Burstein


Title: The Possibility of Us
Author: Lisa Burstein
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: New Adult
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Entangled: Embrace
Publication Date: 13th June 2014
Tell Me About It
One weekend together could change everything…

When her friend called to tell her about the funeral, Cassie wanted to say no. She had enough to handle with her own hollow existence. But she knew she should pay her respects to her old camp counselor…as long as her ex, Ben, wouldn’t be there.

Except Ben is there. Still gorgeous, still angry, and still able to penetrate her defenses with one intense stare. All the reasons they left each other in a flurry of heartache start to fall away over one long, snowy weekend.

But tough Cassie can’t truly open up to Ben when she knows confessing her secrets will leave her raw, defenseless. And the possibility of forever might not be enough to gamble on all the impossibilities of now.
My Thoughts
When I first requested The Possibility of Us I really did not think I would get approved. Once I was approved I quickly realised that I had not read Dear Cassie, and with The Possibility of Us continuing Cassie and Ben's story I knew I had to read it. So after a reading sprint I soon found myself ready to actually make a start on The Possibility of Us.
The Possibility of Us picks us several months after the events of Dear Cassie, only this time Cassie and Ben will be reunited under different circumstances, and not too happy about being tricked into it. I like that we get to see how Cassie and Ben are, and what they are up to. We also get a glimpse into what they did for the initial few weeks after leaving the camp.
I love how Laura and Cassie remain to be friends, and it was funny to actually see Laura talking and even swearing, I din't think I could ever get enough of her. Cassie seems to have mellowed out slightly, and while she still isn't one hundred percent, she is working on it, although her choice of language hasn't improved much. Ben is still a mystery to me,and although her alternates chapters with Cassie I didn't get as much from him as I did Cassie, however that could just be because I had just finished Dear Cassie, which is all Cassie's voice, so I got to see the changes immediately, and more clearly.

The Possibility of Us was a quick read and it only took me a few reading hours to get through it. It was good to catch up with the characters again and see how it all ended, however I don't think I was invested as much in this book as I was the previous ones. That being said, The Possibility of Us was a good addition to Cassie and Ben's story and I had fun seeing how it all ended, more swearing and more smoking included.

Purchase Links: Amazon USA|Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...