Monday, 16 June 2014

Roy Castle Dream Walk

Although I do mainly post book related things on this blog, occasionally I will post about things that are important to me, and today is a post about one of them.

In November 2013 I lost my Dad to Lung Cancer, he fought bravely for a few years but in the end it all got to much for him, and he passed away surrounded my his family.

Since we found out he had cancer I have participated in a few things to help raise money, and also have fun. A few weekends ago I took part in the Dream Walk for The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation. It's basically a chance for us to dress in our PJ's, and walk around a set route in the night, and get home after midnight.

Its fun and emotional but totally worth it. We were lucky this year, we had a friend's friend supply T-Shirts for us to wear (thank you Sparkles Boutique UK), which helped keep us a bit warmer and drier when it rained. We got our faces painted, photographs taken, and I spent a fortune on bracelets, bands, and glow stick bracelets. I even did my nails for the event, although not as good as I would have liked them to be.




The night was fun, and not only was it nice to see so many people participating, but we also got beeped by passing cars to show their support, and someone on a bike rang the bell for us. If you have the chance to participate in something like this you should definitly take it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time Michelle, especially raising money for such a great cause. My mum & I did the race for life a couple of years ago & there was such a great atmosphere. I quite like the idea of doing a moonlit walk though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...