Saturday, 21 June 2014

Tag! You're It: Get To Know Me

Thanks to Laura @ Bookish Treasures who tagged me in her post, you all now get to learn a few dark secrets things about me.....


Tell Us 5 Random Facts About You
  1. Those of you who have met me IRL will already know this about me, but for those that haven't I have a white streak in my hair. It was inherited from my Great Nan on my Dad's side. For years we never knew what it was and I was constantly backwards and forwards to the doctor trying to find out what caused it, when the dreaded words 'hospital' and 'tests' were mentioned I was quite happy to not know what it was.
  2. I am an extremely fussy eater. I have to smell food before I eat it, if I don't like the smell I won't eat it. I also wont eat food I don't like the look of, and I'm not afraid to dissect my food to take out the bits I don't like.
  3. I am a proud lefty, but I am a strange lefty. Any sports that involve a bat I do right handed (baseball, rounders, cricket, badminton) but I play other sports left handed (netball, basketball).
  4. I am an amazing D.I.Yer. I love putting things together, from bookcases, to mini gyms, to tables, and TV stands. I love the order or it, the need to follow a set pattern.
  5. I hate dancing, or anything that involves moving your body to any form or music. However I love Zumba, and while I usually can't follow dances to save my life, because I can put Zumba into a pattern, a set routine and number it, I am able to actually keep up and keep in time with the instructors. (I think this whole following a routine, pattern thing I have going on my be some slight OCD issues there, but I don't care)
When Is Your Birthday?
6th November, I also share it with my sister, who is not my twin, and is exactly a year older than me. It is also the best day ever as its the day after Bonfire Night and the air smells of old fireworks and bonfires.

What Is Your Favourite Colour?
Changes on my mood but I tend to go for black, purple, or dark blue

What Is Your Favourite Memory?
When I was younger we went to visit relatives in York. We stayed over for the weekend and my Nan took us shopping and we got to pick whatever toy we wanted. I picked a flower fairy, and a teeny tiny baby in a teeny tiny bath. On the way back to my Aunties house we walked through a grassy area by the river, and watched the squirrels and tried to coax them to come closer

Describe A Day In Your Life...
I work full time so my typical day is get up an hour before I leave for work. Eat, shower, get my dinner ready, get dressed into uniform and drink my coffee before leaving to get the bus for work. I look after children so each day is different. After work I walk home, cook tea (if it's my turn) and try to cram in some TV time and some reading time. I usually go to bed at midnight no matter what shift I am on in work, which is good and bad depending what time I am up in the morning. My weekends are my time to catch up on sleep and I have no alarms, except the cat who occasionally decides it's time I was awake

What Are Your 5 Favourite Songs?
They change all the time. At the moment they are...
  1. Love and War by The Rockateers
  2. Let It Go from the Frozen Soundtrack
  3. Guaranteed Tears by Eric Heatherly
  4. A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
  5. The Anthem by Good Charlotte

If You Could Eat Only One Thing For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would It Be?
Tomato pasta bake with cheese melted on top. I could NEVER eat too much of this or get bored of it.

What Is Something You Really Dislike?
Bugs....any type of bug or insect of what ever you want to call them. I can tolerate a few but in general I dislike them all, especially spiders, cockroaches, beetles, earwigs, wasps, bees, and flying ants.

Summer Or Winter?
Winter all the way. I am a snow person, and while we don't get much in the UK where I live, Winter is still my favourite.

If You Could Live Anywhere In The World, Where Would You Live And Why?
Somewhere that actually got snow, I don't care how much or how often, but enough that I could have a few weeks in the snow. As for why, I am a snow person :)

Name 5 Of Your Favourite Films
  1. Lord of the Rings Series
  2. Harry Potter Series
  3. Aladdin
  4. Beauty and the Beast
  5. The Might Ducks 1-3
If You Won The Lottery What Would You Buy?
A bigger house that had enough rooms for family to stay, a room that could be an office, and a giant room that could be my own personal library.

Favourite Day Of The Week?
Saturday. Its the first day of the week that I don't have an alarm and I can sleep for as long as I want. It's also the day that gives me more reading time as Sunday is my cleaning day.

What 3 Things Would You Take To A Dessert Island?
  1. My gadgets with solar powered charger
  2. Someone who could build a boat and get us out of there
  3. Someone who could make fabulous food that I would actually eat from things that grew on the island
Sweet Or Savoury?
Sweet. I love my cakes and jellies too much to not eat them.

Early Bird Or Night Owl?
Night owl. I hate getting up early in the morning, I would much rather sleep in. The fact that I don't go to bed till midnight probably doesn't help, but I can't actually make myself go to bed any earlier.

Name 5 Of Your Favourite Books
  1. Lord of the Rings Series
  2. David Eddings (Malloreon, Belgariad, Polgara, and Belgarath books)
  3. Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent
  4. The Secret Series by Enid Blyton
  5. Rosemary Beach Series by Abbi Glines
Favourite Drink
Coffee, any way, shape or form.

Favourite Animal
Nearly all. I am an animal person, but at the moment I have to say cats, as I have my own furbaby

Who Do You Tag Next?
Lisa @ A Life Bound By Books
Jenny @ A Life Bound By Books
Bungle @ Midnight Reads

1 comment:

  1. I am exactly the same as you with food, its quite a problem actually. There are evry few things I like and I do the smell test all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...