Monday, 2 June 2014

The Reading Queue: June


The Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.
The Reading Queue is hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A true story.

Before we see what I plan to read this month, let's take a recap on last months Reading Queue and see how I did...


The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan
A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton
A Witch in Love by Ruth Warburton
A Witch Alone by Ruth Warburton
Witch Finder by Ruth Warburton [review]
Diary of a Crush: French Kiss by Sarra Manning
Diary of a Crush: Kiss and Make Up by Sarra Manning
Diary of a Crush: Sealed With A Kiss by Sarra Manning
Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie
Sister, Missing by Sophie McKenzie
Geekhood by Andy Robb
Soulmates by Holly Bourne
The Elites by Natasha Ngan
Flyaway by Lucy Christopher
The Bone Dragon by Alexia Casale
Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackmna
Rolling Dice by Beth Reekles
Red Ink by Julie Mayhew
Follow Me Down by Tanya Byrne
The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher
Falling Fast by Sophie McKenzie

There is also going to be an event called For The Fringe, which you can find out more information about here and here. Again I have some books by the authors that are confirmed or possibly going


Slated by Teri Terry
The Look by Sophia Bennett [review]
Cracks by Caroline Green
Fragments by Caroline Green
Hold Your Breath by Caroline Green
Acid by Emma Pass
Salvage by Keren David

I also have my netgalley review books to read, and a few physical review copies too
The Recruit by Fiona Palmer [review]
The Girl Who Was Saturday Night by Heather O'Neill [DNF]
Blonde Ops by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman [review]
Will the Real Abi Saunders Please Stand Up? by Sara Hantz  [DNF]
Boys Like You by Juliana Stone [DNF]
Torn Away by Jennifer Brown [review]

Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn [review]
The Lost by Sarah Beth Durst [DNF]
365 Skinny Smoothies by Daniella Chace
Summer's Shadow by Anna Wilson
Glaze by Kim Curran [review]
Toxic Heart by Theo Lawrence [review]

I also managed to squeeze in the following books, some are review books that didn't make last months queue, some are my own books.
Ex-Factor by Elisa Dane [review]
Gypsy by Trisha Leigh [review]
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover [review]
Take A Chance by Abbi Glines [just for fun]
Picture Perfect by Alessandra Thomas [review]
Subject to Change by Alessandra Thomas [review]

Jesper Jinx by Marko Kitti [review]
Rush Too Far by Abbi Glines [just for fun]
The Dead Girls Detective Agency by Suzy Cox [review]
Dead Girls Walking by Suzy Cox [review]
Inked Armor by Helena Hunting [review]
No One's Hero by Kelly Walker [review]

DNF Books

  • The Girl Who Was Saturday Night - Did not feel anything towards the character at all.
  • Will the Real Abi Saunders Please Stand Up - The protagonist was whiny and annoying and I could not relate to her at all.
  • Boys Like You - This book just felt flat, there was no personality or anything to make it stand out for me.
  • The Lost - Nothing about the pages that I read drew me into this at all

As I was putting this post together I felt like I hadn't read that much till I added the last of the books I read, although it isn't as much as what I wanted to read there were a lot of unexpected books last month. I wish I had made more of an effort to read the books for YALC and forthefringe, I am disappointed with my lack of progress on that aspect. I am also wondering if I should change the format of this post. I know others post little thoughts of the books they read, and I know if I did that then this post would go on forever. Any suggestions? Should I keep this format or not?

Now it's time to see what I plan to read this month. I don't want to repeat myself so the picture of my stacks of books is going to be carried over for this month with the aim to read the majority of these books ready for YALC and #forthefringe.
I have the following books for review that are going on the queue this month..
Boys Don't Knit by Tom Easton
Say Her Name by James Dawson
Take Me On by Katie McGarry
Code Red Lipstick by Sarah Sky
Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau
Witch Hunt by Ruth Warburton
Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
Vortex by S.J Kincaid
from netgalley and publishers...
The Fastest Boy in the World by Elizabeth Laird
Before He Was Famous by Becky Wicks
The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
Coin Heist by Elisa Ludwig
More Than Music by Elizabeth Briggs
Unbreakable by Elisa Dane
Better when He's Bad by Jay Crownover

Don't forget to leave a link to your own Reading Queue in the comments :)

2 comments:

  1. You have reading super powers. Don’t ever think that you don’t read much :) Anyway. I love the title for Boys Don’t Knit. I still need to read Vortex! I loved Insignia. Hope you are having a great time with your summer reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly cow chica! Your reading queue is on stertorous. I wish I could read half of this. OMG! My house would not have so many unread books. LOL! Great job last month and keep this format. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...