Thursday, 17 July 2014

Life of a Blogger: Tattoos


[Hosted by Novel Heartbeat]

What is it?
It’s a weekly feature. Each week I will choose a subject and talk about that subject in my life. The topics will be non-bookish so that you can get to know me on a more personal level! I definitely encourage you guys to participate, too. I want this to be meme style with a linky for you to add your posts to. I want to know more about you guys as well!

When is it?
Every Thursday. It doesn’t really matter when you post, though, as long as it’s not before 12 AM EST on a Thursday. If it’s more convenient to post on another day of the week, that’s perfectly fine! Just remember to come back and add your link to the linky :)
Today's topic is......

Tattoos

Tattoos. What can  I say about them. I love them, I love seeing them on others and wish I had the confidence to actually get more than the ones I have. I love sleeves, I love back pieces, I am just to scared to get them done myself.

My tattoos are all small and easy to hide. I can choose when to show them, and how many I show. My first one was done on my 19th birthday, and it is a rose on my right arm. It took me a long time to build up the courage to get one, I am absolutely petrified of needles, even getting my ears pierced scares the hell out of me. Anyway, back to my tattoos. Three months after my first tattoo I went and got another, this time a butterfly on my left shoulder. Ten months later I got my third, and supposedly final, tattoo on my right ankle. It hurt like hell, I limped, I could not wear my ankle boots without it rubbing against my tattoo. That made my decision easy, I was not getting any more...ever.

.................................................................................several years later

I caved. I got a tattoo on my left inside wrist for my Nan. It is a rune for strength, to remind me to be strong even though she was no longer with me.

Tattoo count = Four.

My next one followed about a year later. My Dad had an operation to remove half of his lung to try to help get rid of his cancer. I was not brave enough to have a tattoo on my ribs where my Dad had his operation. Instead I got the lung cancer ribbon on my right shoulder.

Tattoo count=Five

Yeah, I kinda gave up on the whole no more tattoos things. My next one was or my other Nan, I got a rune for love on my right inside wrist, this one was to remind me of the love I had for her, and her for me and my siblings.

Tattoo count = Six.

It's been a while since my last tattoo, and while I am once again saying no more tattoos, I can't help looking around for ideas of possible tattoos I would like.

Do you have any tattoos? Love them or hate them? Leave a comment, pic or link :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...