Thursday, 24 July 2014

Mini Review: Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan


Title: Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
Author: Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
Rachel's Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
David's Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Electric Monkey
Publication Date: 3rd July 2014

Tell Me About It
A sexy, funny roller coaster of a story about one date over one very long night in New York. Nick and Norah are both suffering from broken hearts. So when Nick sees the girl who dumped him walk in with a new guy he asks the strange girl next to him to be his girlfriend for the next five minutes. Norah would do anything to avoid conversation with the not-friend girl who dumped Nick, and get over the Evil Ex whom Norah never quite broke up with. And so she agrees. What follows is an epic first date between two people who are just trying to figure out who they want to be - and where the next great band is playing.
My Thoughts
I want to thank Electric Monkey for giving me the chance to review this book. I had not really heard of it until the movie was released, and even then I did not see the movie, so going into Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist I didn't know what to expect from this book.
One thing that I love about the cover is it actually uses the sentences in the book to make the design on the front cover, it is also very eye-catching and would definitely stand out on a book shelf.
When I began reading I was instantly drawn towards Norah, I love her as a character, her sense of humour, and her inner monologue is hilarious, especially when she goes off on a tangent and randomly brings up pop culture references. Nick I didn't initially know how to take, but I soon warmed up to him and I soon found myself laughing at his inner monologue as much as Norah's

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist is more than music. We see two lost souls, still reeling from their own breakups, trying to find someone they can relate to, and find a common bond.....that does involve music.
Nick is lost, still reeling from his traumatic break up from Tris, he sees Norah as the first person who can help him in a dilemma. Norah is only willing to participate in said plan when she realises that she too needs a helping hand, and although this duo has some ups and downs, and some huge misunderstandings, the journey they both take entertained me in a lot of aspects.

My only grumble about this Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, is that the events take place over one night, and it occasionally felt rushed, like too much information was being fit into a short space of time. While the main plot of the story is still fresh in my mind, a lot of other details are blurry.

Overall, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist was a good, quick read that I did enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...