Thursday, 17 July 2014

Mini Review: The One by Kiera Cass


Title: The One
Author: Kiera Cass
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult
Series: The Selection #3
Source: Publisher
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Publication Date: 5th June 2014

Tell Me About It
THE SELECTION changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. Now, only one will claim Prince Maxon’s heart…

It’s swoon meets the Hunger Games in the final instalment of THE SELECTION trilogy!

For the four girls who remain at the palace, the friendships they’ve formed, rivalries they’ve struggled with and dangers they’ve faced have bound them to each other for the rest of their lives.

Now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown – or to Prince Maxon’s heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realises just how much she stands to lose – and how hard she’ll have to fight for the future she wants.

The breathtaking finale to THE SELECTION trilogy will make you swoon!
My Thoughts
I began reading The One with some trepidation. I needed to know what would happen, but it also meant that I would also be closing the door on this series, that once I had finished there would be no going back.

This review is going to be a mini review in the hopes I just share my thoughts, and not what transpires in the pages. I want to to read with no idea of what happens.

From the minute I began reading The One I did not stop, and it took me a few hours to finish The One. This is a great finale to this series, and I found myself once again engrossed in the pages, trying to find hints and clues that would tell me what would happen in the pages to come.

A few characters surprised me with their actions and their thoughts, Celeste being the main one. She surprised me with her breakdown and the reason for it, and being able to see who she really is for that split second was refreshing but real and really made me feel for this misunderstood girl. Once that moment had passed I found myself having a soft spot for her, just like America does.

I enjoyed seeing how far everyone has come from the very first book, The Selection, and seeing how strong they have become or how they have grown, especially having to face the constant barrage of attacks from the enemies. I also found myself crying a lot more in this book than the previous ones, especially towards the end in the last few chapters. There were also moments were the dots are connected and we get to see a few secrets that were never shared, but ones that surprised me as I never saw them coming.

The ending of The One was exactly what this series needed, and the last couple of paragraphs fit it to a tee. While I am sad that this is the end of a fantastic series, I am also looking forward to seeing if Kiera has any other ideas up her sleeves.

1 comment:

  1. Great Review! I still have yet to start The Selection, but I really want to read the whole series soon
    -Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...