Tuesday, 1 July 2014

The Reading Queue: July


The Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.
The Reading Queue is hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A true story.

Before we see what I plan to read this month, let's take a recap on last months Reading Queue and see how I did...
Boys Don't Knit by Tom Easton
Say Her Name by James Dawson
Take Me On by Katie McGarry [review]
Code Red Lipstick by Sarah Sky [review]
Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau [review]
Witch Hunt by Ruth Warburton [review to come]
Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
Vortex by S.J Kincaid
from netgalley and publishers...
The Fastest Boy in the World by Elizabeth Laird [DNF]
Before He Was Famous by Becky Wicks [DNF]
The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey [DNF]
Coin Heist by Elisa Ludwig [DNF]
More Than Music by Elizabeth Briggs [review]
Unbreakable by Elisa Dane [review]
Better when He's Bad by Jay Crownover [review]

I also managed to squeeze in the following books...
Witch Finder by Ruth Warburton [review]
Flashes by Tim O'Rourke [review]
Elixir by Ted Galdi [review]
Lobsters by Tom Ellen & Lucy Ivison [review]
Picture Perfect by Holly Smale [review]
Glimpse by Kendra Leighton [review]

Doomed by Tracy Deebs
Dear Cassie by Lisa Burstein
The Possibility of Us by Lisa Burstein [review]
Sleep No More by Aprilynne Pike [review]
With the Band by Jean Haus
The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch

  • The Fastest Boy in the World - This was an accidental click for me, I forgot I was signed into netgalley when I click on the link, unfortunately I couldn't get into the book
  • Before He Was Famous - The characters didn't really do anything for me, I think I got about 25% way through and had to stop reading
  • The Girl With all the Gifts - This one sounded great, but the story felt a little flat for me and I could not make it past the first few chapters
  • Coin Heist - Another book that sounded great, but the characters felt emotionless, immature, and somewhat boring for me.
I also gave up on trying to read the books for YALC, I just did not have the time to squeeze them all in, I only managed to read a few.

Now let's take a look at what I plan to read this month. I am going to YALC next weekend so for a few days I won't be reading much, but I hope that this doesn't affect my target.

From my shelves...
Louder Than Words by Laura Jarratt
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor
Renegade by Debra Driza
The One by Kiera Cass
No Going Back by Alex Gutteridge
Shimmer by Paula Weston
What Would Mary Berry Do by Claire Sandy
The Jewel by Amy Ewing
The Girl Who Walked on Air by Emma Carroll
Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie by Jeff Norton
Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid
Trial By Fire by Josephine Angelini

From my iPad...
Department 19: Zero Hour by Will Hill
Boy in the Tower by Polly Ho-Yen
The Shadow's Curse by Amy McCulloch
This Summer by Katlyn Duncan
Black Box by Cassia Leo
One Kick by Chelsea Cain

So that's my Reading Queue this month, don't forget to leave a link to your own queue so I can check it out.

2 comments:

  1. The last 2 books I read were Say Her Name and Witch Hunt, really enjoyed both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The One in June and really enjoyed it. America got on my nerves at times, but it was a fitting conclusion I think! Again, you rocked June's Reading Queue!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...