Friday, 8 August 2014

Life of a Blogger: Best Childhood Memory


[Hosted by Novel Heartbeat]

What is it?
It’s a weekly feature. Each week I will choose a subject and talk about that subject in my life. The topics will be non-bookish so that you can get to know me on a more personal level! I definitely encourage you guys to participate, too. I want this to be meme style with a linky for you to add your posts to. I want to know more about you guys as well!

When is it?
Every Thursday. It doesn’t really matter when you post, though, as long as it’s not before 12 AM EST on a Thursday. If it’s more convenient to post on another day of the week, that’s perfectly fine! Just remember to go back and add your link to the linky :)
Todays topic is......

Best Childhood Memory

There are a few things I remember from when I was younger, some are just brief things, yet some are more detailed. The one that is one I fondly remember is a trip to York.

My Nan was from York, so going there for the day was a common occurrence, occasionally she would take us to stay for the weekend with relatives and my Mum would only find out after we got home. I can remember a time that my Nan took myself, and my sister to York, for how long I can't remember but since I only remember a few sleeps I am guessing it was from Friday to Sunday.
I can't remember every single second of the time spent there, just a few things that are permanently etched into my mind.
  • We slept in my Great Auntie's house, my bed was two big arms chairs pushed together to make a VERY comfy bed.
  • The fresh air did me a lot of good and I slept for ages and was very very quiet.
  • We went to the shops in York and we allowed to pick whatever we wanted for a set amount of money each. I picked a flower fairy, and a tiny bath, with a tiny baby and tiny towel. I also got a few boxes of nerds (before they were all taken off the shelves over here for a long long time)
  • We spent a lot of time walking up and down the river Ouse and feeding the squirrels
  • We did the obligatory walk around the Walls 
York is like a second home to me, and no matter how often I have gone, I always look forward to going back again, even if it's not to stay over, or visit relatives, and we just walk the walls again.


What is YOUR best childhood memory?

1 comment:

  1. The picture of the Walls is beautiful!! Wonderful memories, thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...