[Hosted by Novel Heartbeat]
What is it?
It’s a weekly feature. Each week I will choose a subject and talk about that subject in my life. The topics will be non-bookish so that you can get to know me on a more personal level! I definitely encourage you guys to participate, too. I want this to be meme style with a linky for you to add your posts to. I want to know more about you guys as well!
When is it?
Every Thursday. It doesn’t really matter when you post, though, as long as it’s not before 12 AM EST on a Thursday. If it’s more convenient to post on another day of the week, that’s perfectly fine! Just remember to come back and add your link to the linky :)
Todays topic is......
I think this has to be one of the easiest posts I've done for this so far. I have a lot of fears, so a rational, some are not. I don't even think I could list them in order of worst fear, as some of them are at the same scale.
- Spider: I HATE spiders, really really really hate them. Like jump a mile in the air, run like my life depends on it, and hide in a corner crying (even in work) to avoid it. Luckily I have a loud voice so I can shout the girls from the next room to come and save me. I have no idea why I am so scared of them, I just know I always have been. MY Dad didn't really help matters though. When I was younger a plastic fly with no wings scared me, the green tomato top thrown at me with a shout of 'Spider' will certainly get me moving.
- Needles: I am petrified of needles, I do think that I get this from being born so early, being stuck in an incubator, and being poked and prodded with a lot of needles (I still have the scars from needles and tubes from over 30 years ago). I stopped myself getting a flu jab a few years ago as it didn't really help at all, but previously to that my Mum or Dad had to go in with me....a grown adult, moved out of home had to take a parent in to get needles. Even getting my ears pierced scares me, and I can't take my cat to the vets as that scares me too.
- Bugs: I don't like bugs, ants and ladybirds I will tolerate, but anything else is a big no. My reaction to earwigs is the same as my reaction to spiders.
- Swimming: When I was learning to swim, I panicked and went under water for a bit (why the teachers didn't jump in I have no idea, so much for supervision), once I calmed down I realised I could stand up, but since then I have been afraid to go swimming, however I will go in the water if I can reach it, and be by the side.
- Falling: This one is kinda strange, I am not scared of heights, I live in a high rise flat, my old one being on the 11th floor, and I can happily lean out and clean the windows. However I can't go in things like zip-lines, or high tiny spaces as I have a fear I will fall off.
- Losing people: Since my Dad I have a fear of losing people I love, and I know that everybody probably feels like this, but for me it seems even more closer, like it could happen at any second. I'm working on trying to relax a bit.
So that's just a few of my fears, I have a few more but I really don't want to bore you with them all.
What are your fears?