Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Series Review: Sea Breeze 3-6 by Abbi Glines


Author: Abbi Glines
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: NA
Series: Sea Breeze #3-#6
Source: Purchased by myself

Tell Me About It
Sea Breeze is a seires of stand alone, but interlinking books, fearutring various characters from Sea Breeze. Each book focuses on a different male and female perspective, with two getting another book to finish their story. The series has a total of 9 books (as I'm writing this) with the 9th one due out in October 2014

My Thoughts
I have never written a series review in one go before, but for the past week I have been struggling to finish a book. I decided to take myself away from my review books and read for fun, and I managed to read While It Lasts, Just For Now, Sometimes It Lasts, and Misbehaving over a 24 hour period. This review isn't going to be my usual format, and it wont got into detail about the books or what happens, just what I can remember.

While It Lasts
This story is told by Cage York, and Eva Brook's. For those who can remember, Cage previously made an appearance in Because of Low, being her best friend, and now we get to see the real Cage.
I love Eva, she is a farm girl but is not what I expected, especially when we see a different side to her when she gets involved with Cage. Cage isn't looking for anyone, just to get the next month over with, and get back to training. This duo are a pair to be reckoned with, and I found myself shouting at the book to get them to get their act together and do something about the sexual tension. Cage is a different person, and I quickly found myself liking this version of Cage, rather than the complete womanising version from Because of Low.

Just For Now
This is Preston's and Amanda's story, and while I did like Amanda in the previous books we see her in, I really didn't like this Amanda. I felt like she was too needy and desperate, and after everything Preston put her through she should have forgotten all about him, rather than dropping everything to run to his beck and call. Preston was hard for me to warm up to, his job is one he needs to support himself and his siblings, but I really do think he should have looked for others when he got with Amanda, rather than keeping with what was easy. In all honesty, he is worse than Cage in my books, and it took a lot for me to like him, I think I slowly began to warm towards him at the end of the book when he makes a decision for his siblings future.

Sometimes It Lasts
I was super excited to re-visit Cage and Eva again, and while this duo are together, it's not as easy as it seems. Both of them have their own issues to deal with, and this ends up dividing this duo, and while they both had good intentions, the past isn't so easy to forget when the person you love isn't there to stand up for themselves. When I was coming up to the last few chapters in the book I fell in love with Cage, what he does for Eva was astounding, especially after everything he has done to get so far. His dedication, determination, and his love for Eva is there for all to see. I really need a Cage of my own.

Misbehaving
I have been looking forward to reading Jess and Jason's story. Jess is the bad girl, the girl from the wrong side of the tracks, and the girl who has a reputation around town. But seeing the real Jess really made me think about how she portrays herself and how she acts around others because that is what they expect. What she does for her Mum, what she gives up and is willing to do to provide for them both was something that can't have been easy, I really admire her for this thing alone. Jason was someone who I really enjoyed getting to know more. We only ever see him in the background, as Jax's brother, not as some seriously hot piece of man candy.
This duo have a lot of ups and downs, and a lot of misunderstandings, the chemistry between them is explosively, scorching hot, every time they get together, sparks fly. While I do think that Jason could have done better for Jess in some of his actions, I do understand that he is new to this whole things, as is Jess. What he does for her is spectacular and really shows how much he cares for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...