Sunday, 31 August 2014

The Reading Queue: September


The Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.
The Reading Queue is hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A true story.

Before we see what I plan to read this month, let's take a recap on last months Reading Queue and see how I did...


Defector by Susanne Winnacker [currently reading]
A Dark Inheritance by Chris D'Lacey [DNF]
Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid [DNF]
The Girl Who Walked On Air by Emma Carroll [DNF]
Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson [DNF]
Shimmer by Paula Weston [DNF]
Shut Out by Kody Keplinger [review]
Renegade by Debra Driza [review]
Out of Tune by Beth Reekles [review]

Every Ugly Word by Aimee L. Salter [review]
Rebel Wing by Tracy Banghart [DNF]
Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington [review]
The Moment Collector by Jodi Lynn Anderson [DNF]
Storm Siren by Mary Weber [DNF]
The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost [review to come]

Iron Pendulum by Megan Curd [review to come]
Feral by Holly Schindler [review]

I also managed to squeeze in the following books...
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo [review]
While It Lasts by Abbi Glines
Just For Now by Abbi Glines
Sometimes It Lasts by Abbi Glines
Misbehaving by Abbi Glines
Bad For You by Abbi Glines

Hold on Tight by Abbi Glines
Stronger than you Know by Jolene Perry [review to come]
Inferno Park by J.L. Bryan [review]

This month I got myself into a reading slump. From finishing Ruin & Rising on Tuesday, I did not finish a single book till the Sunday, where I read Abbi Glines books in three days. Things have picked up now and I've managed to read a few review books, so I am hoping that this continues and I can get back to reading. A lot of my DNF books I just couldn't get into the story, some I liked but when things got too political it distracted from the story. Others I just found myself lost in the world even though I loved the previous books in the series.

Here is what I plan to read for this months Reading Queue
Sharing You by Molly McAdams
The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter
The Rule of Thoughts by James Dashner
The Jewel by Amy Ewing
Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
Better Than Perfect by Simone Elkeles
Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Killing Sound by Paul Southern
Eren by Simon P. Clark
Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Dead Don't Lie by L R Nicolello
The 100 Society by Carla Spradbery
Red Blooded by Amanda Carlson
Itchcraft by Simon Mayo
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud

So that's what I hope to read this month. Since I still have a week left off work I am hoping I can make a dent in this pile, and attempt some of my own books from my shelves, after a recent sort out I actually found books I forgot I had.

1 comment:

  1. Each month you make me feel as though I need to bow to your reading amazingness! haha I see you plan on reading Ruin and Rising....I need to read Shadow and Bone! It's sitting on my nightstand and I just haven't picked it up yet. Soon? Thanks for participating again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...