Monday, 29 September 2014

Review: Almost Lover by Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt


Title: Almost Lover
Author: Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt
Steph's Info: Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Liz's Info: Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Review copy & Purchased
Publication Date: 23rd September 2014

Tell Me About It
All he was looking for was a fresh start.

Enzo Rodriguez left behind the waves, his family, and Silver Strand--the only place he’d ever called home--for a move to Napa Valley and a chance for a total do-over.

A girl wasn’t part of the plan. And this girl definitely wasn’t.

The only thing that could screw up his new life is the one thing he’s powerless to stop. Like it or not, he’s falling hard and fast for off-limits Jordan Caletti.

But when your fresh start is based around a lie, how long before it all comes crashing down?

And when you can’t run again, how do you avoid taking the one you love down with you?
My Thoughts
For those of you who have followed my blog for a while, you know how much I love Steph and Liz's books, especially their Silver Strand Series. When I first heard about Almost Lover I was excited to see where they would take the characters, and what they had in store for Enzo. After a delay, which felt like years, I found out that Almost Lover was finally being published, so I immediatley went to pre-order my copy. A few days later I opened an email and this was my reaction
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE *insert happy dance*
I had filled in a form for a review copy, and had forgotten about it, so I found myself with a copy of Almost Lover earlier than expected.

Throughout most of the Silver Strand series, Enzo has always remained in the background, however his novella, Riptides, was the beginning of Enzo's story, that continues within the pages of Almost Lover. Enzo, moving from job to job and still trying to get over the woman who broke his heart, ends up coming to Jordan's rescue when he sees her upset over her Father's wedding. However, fraternizing with the guests gets him fired from his job, and Jordan quickly offers him a job at Golden Leaf, her Mothers vineyard. What happen next is a journey of love, broken hearts, and discovering where you are meant to be.

Almost Lover was read over a couple of days, things like work and getting to bed at a reasonable hour interrupted my reading time with Enzo. The minute I began reading Almost Lover I fell into this world hard and fast, and I found it hard to put down the book at night. I enjoyed following Enzo and Jordan in their path to persuade her Mother to take the vineyard into the technological century, using social media, websites, etc to promote the vineyard and the wine it sells. All of their plans are based on a lie, that Enzo is some amazing person who has a lot of knowledge of the business. I loved getting to see Enzo really appreciate his new job as he slowly learns about this business, and I also loved getting to see the sparks fly between Jordan and Enzo.

Almost Lover was just as enjoyable and just as hot as this writing duo's previous work, and was just what I expected from Steph and Liz. They always give enough detail to what is going on that you can just close your eyes and imagine you are at the vineyard, or imagine you are sitting at a table surrounded by the entire Rodriguez family. I have no idea is Almost Lover is part of a series, but I know that if it is I would not hesitate to pick up each and every new addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...