Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Review: The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter


Title: The Queen of Zombie Hearts
Author: Gena Showalter
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Fantasy
Series: White Rabbit Chronicles #3
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Harlequin UK
Publication Date: 3rd October 2014

Tell Me About It
I have a plan. We'll either destroy them for good, or they'll destroy us. Either way, only one of us is walking away. In the stunning conclusion to the White Rabbit Chronicles, Alice Ali Bell thinks the worst is behind her. She's ready to take the next step with boyfriend Cole Holland, the leader of the zombie slayers...until Anima Industries, the agency controlling the zombies, launches a sneak attack, killing four of her friends. It's then she realizes that humans can be more dangerous than monsters...and the worst has only begun. As the surviving slayers prepare for war, Ali discovers she, too, can control the zombies...and she isn't the girl she thought she was. She's connected to the woman responsible for killing-and turning-Cole's mother. How can their relationship endure? As secrets come to light, and more slayers are taken or killed, Ali will fight harder than ever to bring down Anima-even sacrificing her own life for those she loves
My Thoughts
I have been looking forward to reading The Queen of Zombie Hearts since I put down Through the Zombie Glass. so you can imagine the excitement when a copy arrived through my door. I could not wait to fall head over heels back into this world again and see how it was all going to end.

The Queen of Zombie Hearts is an action packed read, the the zombie attacks increasing, and the constant efforts of Anima to get to Alyssa. There is fighting galore, there are losses that broke my heart, and there was betrayal of friends. Alyssa is just as kick ass as before, but now she has a few extra things up her sleeves that she uses for her advantage, and for others too. She has no issues with letting others know what she thinks and where they stand.
"I don't know you, and I don't trust you. Watch me as I don't answer those questions."
[Page 174]
Cole and Alyssa are just as awesome, and just as cute as they always where. There were times that I did want to give Cole a shove in the right direction and make him see a few things he had his eyes and heart closed to, but there were also moments that had me smiling at laughing.
"You know I think you hung the moon, right?"
"Right. Just like I know you held the ladder and looked up my skirt."
[Page 73]
The Queen of Zombie Hearts takes us on an amazing journey, with Anima upping the ante and changing the way the zombies act the fight for the Slayers is harder and tougher. There are deep, dark hidden secrets revealed that never even came into consideration for me whilst reading, and I was just as surprised as the character if effects. The characters in this series have come so far, even Reeve and Kat. They have all dealt with so much, and learnt so much from the very first book, I feel like I have taken this journey with them.

Not only is The Queen of Zombie Hearts a fantastic finale, this series is a MUST READ for anyone, and I fully intend to pass along my copies to friends for them to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. oh i still need to read the 2nd book, but the finale sounds exciting. Great review.

    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...