Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Review: Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost


Title: Up From the Grave
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Paranormal
Series: Night Huntress #7
Source:  Publicist @ Harper360
Publisher: Avon Romance
Publication Date: 28th January 2014

Tell Me About It
Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones. They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war…

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights. Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death… because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences. And if they fail, their lives—and those of everyone they hold dear — will be hovering on the edge of the grave.
My Thoughts
For some reason, although I had Up From the Grave on my to read list on goodreads, it's publication escaped my notice, so when I was offered a copy to review I jumped at the chance. I could not wait to make a start on Up From the Grave, but when I realised that it was going to be the last in the series I was sad. Sad to see this series end, to see the characters I love go, but what a finale it was. This is one of the best series end books I have read for a while.
"We were never properly introduced," I said in a vicious purr. "I'm the Red Reaper, and you're dead."
[page 139]
This is why I love Cat so much, she is kick ass, tough as anything, and no matter what is thrown at her, especially the circumstances surrounding this quote, she never gives up. Her determination to not only do what is right, but also to her best to ensure the safety of her family and friends is the sign of a true heroine. Bones is just as sexy as ever, and I can't wait to get hold of the audiobook for this one so I can hear his accent.

I'm trying so hard not to spoil anything about Up From the Grave, so you are getting to see my reactions rather than what actually happens. There was one surprise that completely shocked me, but it was a great twist to the story but also adds to the ending, making this a true end, and not a fade to black.

Up From the Grave was a remarkable piece of work from Jeaniene, and it not only makes me want to read this series from the very beginning, but also makes me wish I had the spin off books to read to get my little extra fix of these characters that I love (and hate) so much. We have witnessed how far Cat, Bone, and the rest of this unique family have come to get to where they are now, but Up From the Grave puts their friendships to the test, with unwilling participants, and some willing to do all they can to help (love love love Denise). There was a moment in this book that I actually cried, as I was reading I couldn't understand how Jeaniene could do this to me, make me love someone so much but then cruelly take them away.

Up From the Grave is a MUST READ for all fans of Jeaniene, and if you have yet to pick up this series, what are you waiting for, do it now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...