Monday, 27 October 2014

Quickie Review: More Than Exes by Elizabeth Briggs


Title: More Than Exes
Author: Elizabeth Briggs
Author Info: Blog|Facebook|Twitter|Tumblr
Genre: New Adult
Series: Chasing the Dream #0.5
Source: Author for review
Publication Date: 28th October 2014
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
Keyboardist Kyle Cross may look like a bad boy with his tattoos and piercings, but he’s really the good guy who’s always stuck fixing his band’s problems and never gets the girl. His band is competing in a college Battle of the Bands, but when their bassist doesn't show, Kyle must track her down with the help of the person he least expects: his ex-girlfriend Alexis Monroe.

Kyle hasn’t seen Alexis since she dumped him in high school, and she’s dropped her preppy image for fiery red hair and a bold new attitude to match. With only hours before his band goes on stage, Kyle has to be a little bad if he wants to win both the Battle and the girl he's never gotten over. But when their old problems resurface, the good guy might just get his heart broken all over again.

My Thoughts
I was offered a copy of More Than Exes for review but I initially hesitated, I wasn't sure I had the time to fit in another review book, but I also thought this came after More Than Music, and was worried I would miss out on something as my memory is kinda hazy. When I looked into it more I realised it was set before More Than Music, but that it was also a short read, one that I could fit in easily between books, after this revelation I quickly got my copy of More than Exes.

More Than Exes follows Jarred, Kyle, and Villain Complex before we meet them in More Than Music. We get to see them as they enter the competition, but also deal with the past, and some current issues.

More Than Exes was a quick read and I really liked getting to see the band before more than music, and seeing what lead them to The Sound. The past that comes back to bite Kyle in the butt wasn't one I expected, and had actually forgotten about this character which made the progress of their 'relationship' even more eventful and surprising. Seeing Jared through his brothers eyes was an enlightening experience, and definitely explains a moment in More Than Music.

I liked getting to see familiar faces from More Than Music, it just added that little bit extra to blend these stories together. The covers for these books are also spectacularly amazing, and I really love how they are so similar, but different in their own way, and you can definitely tell they are part of a series.
My only issue is once I got into the story I wish it could have been longer, even though that completely counteracts my statement above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...