Thursday, 9 October 2014

So You Want Me To Review Your Book

Over the past week I have had a number of review requests daily in my inbox. Normally this wouldn't bother me and I'd delete the ones that don't interest me, but I've been noticing a pattern with a few of them that they don't address me by my name or blog name, and some even get it wrong.

Today I'm going to do a little post about the best way for me to actually read your entire email, and not just delete it after the first sentence. However even following my policies does not guarantee a review, but gives you a better chance of getting the email read.

Subject: Book review request from Much Loved Books

Hi Michelle,

I recently discovered your Much Loved Reads book blog, and I very much enjoyed your reviews and features.
If addressing me by my blog name, the least you could do is get it right, if you can manage it in the subject line its pretty easy to address me by it.

Hi there,

My name's ................. and I'm an author trying to get reviews for my debut novel, .............. It's a Young Adult Drama/Romance, about a frustrated admirer who attempts to destroy the life of the girl he desires.
Hi there yourself, but unless I've worked with you before this type of greeting will just get your email sent straight to the bin.

Hey Michelle!

Your blog is fantastic and I was wondering if you would do a review of my new book, ................... available on amazon...........
Please take a look at my handy policy page to find out what I actually would like to see in an email to help me get a better idea of your book.

There are lots of bloggers, and we all have our own policies in place if you want to request a review from us. For a better response and possibly a better chance of the email being read, please read them, They are there for a reason and I know for a fact I don't even read the emails if they can't address me properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...