Friday, 3 October 2014

The Reading Queue: October


The Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.
The Reading Queue is hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A true story.

Before we see what I plan to read this month, let's take a recap on last months Reading Queue and see how I did...
Sharing You by Molly McAdams [DNF]
The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter [review]
The Rule of Thoughts by James Dashner [currently reading]
The Jewel by Amy Ewing [review]
Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini [DNF]
Better Than Perfect by Simone Elkeles [review]
Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Killing Sound by Paul Southern [review]
Eren by Simon P. Clark
Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost [review]

Dead Don't Lie by L R Nicolello [review]
The 100 Society by Carla Spradbery [DNF]
Red Blooded by Amanda Carlson [DNF]
Itchcraft by Simon Mayo
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas [review]
The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud [DNF]

I also managed to squeeze in the following books...
Lost In You by Heidi McLaughlin
One More Chance by Abbi Glines
Jesper Jinx and the Sneezing Season by Marko Kitti [review]
Shatter by Erin McCarthy
Rowdy by Jay Crownover [review to come in Oct]
Atlantia Sneak Peak by Ally Condie [review]

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper by J.L. Bryan [review + giveaway]
Stay With Me by J. Lynn [review]
Almost Lover by Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt [review]

Books I DNF
  • Sharing You - I just found it hard to get into this one.
  • Trial by Fire - This one felt unrealistic in regards to some of the things going on before she even went anywhere.
  • The 100 Society - The story just didn't grab my attention at all.
  • Red Blooded - It was hard to get back into this world after a year between books, and I just don't have the time to re-read the series.
  • The whispering Skull - I wanted something amazing in this book, and it just felt too similar to the previous book for me.

Here is what I plan to read for this months Reading Queue


Itch Rocks by Simon Mayo
The Fall by Bethany Griffin
My True Love Gave to Me by various authors
The Copper Promise by Jen Williams
Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
To All the Boy's I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
Eren by Simon P. Clark

Itchcraft by Simon Mayo
Lessons I Never Learned At Meadowbrook Academy by Liz Maccie
Soulprint by Megan Miranda
Unspeakable by Abbie Rushton
Prompasal by Rhonda Helms
Perfect Couple by Jennifer Echols
The Bodies We Wear by Jen Roberts

It's hopefully a quite month for me. This is the last of my requested review books, both physical and eBooks. I'm hoping to get through these and tackle my own mounting TBR pile, the unsolicited review copies, and the books I picked up at blogger events and YALC.


What's in your Reading Queue this month?

2 comments:

  1. Great reading month! I didn't know there was a sneak peak our for Atlantia on NetGalley! I'm going to go get it. :) I'm impressed with your ability to DNF books so you can spend more time reading things you like. I want to be more like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me a while to be so ruthless with DNF books, I made the desk ion that I can't continue to read books that don't interest me when I have a bookcase full of books waiting to be read.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...