Thursday, 13 November 2014

Mini Review: Blue Lily, Lily Blue [The Raven Cycle #3] by Maggie Stiefvater


Title: Blue Lily, Lily Blue
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult
Series: The Raven Cycle #3
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Scholastic Children’s Books
Publication Date: 21st October 2014

Tell Me About It
The third installment in the mesmerizing series from the irrepressible, #1 NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Maggie Stiefvater.

There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.
My Thoughts
This is possibly one of the hardest reviews to write. For starters there are so many details and connections from the previous books, but also new additions to the story itself that I want to gush about, but I also don't want to reveal too much about what transpires within the pages, I want you to make the connections, to join the dots just like I did, but also be shocked at new revelations, especially the one at th end of the book.
Blue Lily, Lily Blue picks up after the previous installment, Maura is still missing and Blue, Calla, and Persephone are looking for her in their won way. Adam is also involved with this search, aiding Persephone but also getting more training in.
The Raven Boys and Blue also get a little assistance in their ongoing search for Glendower from an old friend, and this addition to the group added some occasional disruptions and diversions.

The arrival of two new faces certainly causes a problem for The Raven Boys and Blue, however I actually thought that one would be worse than the other but was pleasantly surprised in the outcome of this. This duo added even more problems for the boys and while I didn't really like the way they went about things, it certainly was inventive and genius.

Mr Gray is still around and I found myself actually liking his presence in Blue Lily, Lily Blue, for the ways he helps Blue and her family, but also how he has the Raven Boy's backs when needed. My opinion of him definitely improved. The ending of Blue Lily, Lily Blue was a  nice twist that I really wasn't expecting, I had to read some words again just to make sure I had read them correctly, I really need to know what happens next.

Once again Maggie has woven a spell of folk law, friendships, love, family, and magic, and has created a world that is not only easy to fall back into, but also to connect with the characters, old and new, and really become emotionally involved with the outcome. After the ending she left us with I wish I had the next book in my hands, unfortunately it's another wait until it's published....the countdown starts now.

1 comment:

  1. I am very tempted by these books but have a bad experience with Maggie Stiefvater and one of her previous series which is putting me off more than a little bit :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...