I saw this on Becky's Babble Blog, and although I haven't been tagged I thought it would be good to give this one a try....it also looks like a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what my tagged people say.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
As a general rule I tend to let my review books take priority. But given the chance to actually read something from my TBR varies for different reasons. If it's a travelling book I don't take huge books with me, I tend to stick to smaller books that are lighter to carry. Any other time I pick up what I fancy reading at the time, I don't tend to have a rule I follow like reading a series, or certain author, or older books first, it all depends on my mood.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I quit, I have too many books waiting to be read for me to waste time on a book I don't enjoy and really cant see myself finishing. I know it might seem heartless but those weeks I spend struggling to read one book could be spent reading at least five other books I know I will enjoy.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I'm actually doing pretty good on my challenge this year and I only have about 4 more books left to reach my target of 200 books this year.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I hate when this happens. There are several different routes I take. If it is a series I like then I will giveaway my old books and replace them all with the new covers, however a series I did like ended up getting two changes as I originally picked up the USA versions, but after already buying over half the series again only to have the covers change I had to make the decision not to re-buy the books, it also helped that I was losing focus on this series. If the new covers are ones I don't like, then I won't by the UK versions, and I will either buy the USA version once the series is finished, or just buy the kindle versions for each new book out.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
When this happens I tend to feel like the odd one out, that I didn't like a book that everyone I know loved. On occasion there has been a book that friends didn't like so I have been quite happy to talk about it with them, sometimes they have even encouraged me to continue reading as the book does get better.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I try to get a feel for the book before I read it outside of my house. If it's one I know I will cry in I don't take it out and I pick up a different book to take with me. But if it's a surprise and I wasn't expecting it, then I stop reading straight away and distract myself with my phone or my iPod.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Again this depends if it's a review book or not. Review books I try to read back on my previous review, or check out Recaptions to see if it's there if I don't have time to re-read the previous book or if I don't own it. Failing that I read it and hope it jogs my memory at some point, but a few sequels I have put down as I couldn't remember the previous book. If its my own and I have time to spare I will re-read the previous book and jump straight into the new one.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I don't tend to lend my books out to anyone...except my brother. After people hear my rules about reading my books they tend to not want to read it anymore ;)
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I pick up a book I know I will enjoy from authors/series I can't get enough of. This happened recently to me, I went about two weeks with not finishing a book, so I picked up a series I love and read five books in the space of two days.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I have a few auto buy authors who I buy no matter what, others tend to go on various wishlists and will get purchased when I have a bit more spare cash lying around
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
This again depends on the author, or how desperate I am to read the next installment. I know I have several books on my TBR shelves from series I really enjoyed but have yet to read the second and third parts, yet some authors I stay up till midnight to get the kindle download to read there and then, and wait till the paperback is released to buy that too.
Lisa @ A Life Bound By Books
Jenny @ A Life Bound By Books
Bungle @ Midnight Reads
Sarah @ Feeling Fictional