Thursday, 11 December 2014

My Favourite: Series so Far

As 2014 slowly comes to an end I thought I would share with you my favourite series so far. They are books from series that have yet to be completed, but ones that have had the latest installment published this year. The books I pick will have snippets from my reviews to try to portray how much I LOVED each book.

Unremembered Series by Jessica Brody

The Unremembered Series is one that I have consistency rated 5 stars. From the minute I began reading these books I was hooked, and had the long torturous wait for each new book in the series to be released. The next one is due out in February and it already feels like a life time.
The start to this series was perfect in every way, we are introduced to a character who has no idea who she is, but we also experience this loss with her, with no back story to build up from, no clues or hints to what is going one, and it makes each new discovery by Sera and new discovery for you too.
Forgetting who you are is so much more complicated than simply forgetting your name. It's also forgetting your dreams. Your aspirations. What makes you happy. What you pray you'll never have to live without. It's meeting yourself for the first time, and not being sure of your first impression.

Splintered by A. G. Howard

Do I really need to explain this choice, if you have yet to read these books then I'll wait here while you go off and read them. They are amazing, unputdownable, and Alyssa really kicks ass. I love this whole twist on Alice in Wonderland, with the story itself, the secrets from Alyssa's family, and these covers are truly stunning. I love not knowing who is on what side, or what people true intentions really are. I love the subtle nods towards the actual Alice in Wonderland story, but also love the dark twists on them.
I've been collecting bugs since I was ten; its the only way I can stop their whispers. Sticking a pin through the gut of an insect shuts it up pretty quick.


Geek Girl by Holly Smale

I love Harriet, I love her geekyness and how she really doesn't see herself as a model. I love her cluelessness, her facts...I basically love this series and the characters within the pages. I laugh, I cry, and learn a lot of new things each time I pick up a book. When I found out that there was going to be more books after Picture Perfect I was ecstatic. This series is another must read.
....I feel a bit like Sam in The Lord of the Rings, just before Frodo throws the ring into the fires of Mount Doom. Except in a more positive, magical way. With slightly less hairy feet.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Do I really need to explain why this series is on my list. It has elves, magic, and a kick ass heroine that is determined to do what is right, even if it means her life is at stake. This series is absolutely amazing and I could not get enough of it, devouring each book the minute it's in my hands.
This is the part where you shut your mouth and pretend to be a woolly-headed bit of decoration. Shouldn't be too hard for you.


This is just a few of my favourite series so far this year, do you have any to recommend to me, any I HAVE to read. What are your thoughts on my picks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...