Thursday, 18 December 2014

My Favourite: Stand Alone Books

As 2014 slowly comes to an end I thought I would share with you my favourite stand alone books so far. They are books that at the time of scheduling this post, are stand alone, and are ones that I really enjoyed. The books I pick will have snippets from my reviews to try to portray how much I LOVED each book. Each book has been 



Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Colleen is one of my favourite authors and she is an automatic buy for me. Maybe Someday combines Colleen's work with Griffin Peterson's songs...and I LOVED it. Even now I have the songs on repeat. Once again here are some snippets from my review.

.......I purchased a UK finished copy and put it on my shelf and waited some more. I waited for the perfect time where I would be able to sit undisturbed and be able to enjoy the full experience of reading Maybe Someday and having the music there to listen to.

I love how closely it's musical side was interwoven within the story itself, it was a perfect partnership.......

Maybe Someday was a powerful read, and I have no idea how my one little review will ever do it justice. The minute I began reading I was hooked, the further I got into the book, the further I fell into this world that Colleen has created. I really did not want to stop reading, and even when I came to the final pages I wanted it to keep going.


Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington

Jessica is another new to me author, and after having already read a few other time travel books I was very interested in this new twist on it. Again here are some snippets from my review.

I went into reading Between the Lives with an idea of what to expect, but I had no idea that Jessica would squash my heart to pieces by showing me a promise of what could happen, only to have it cruelly stolen away from me.

When we got to a certain part of this book my heart was in my stomach.........I felt sick with nerves, shocked that this could happen so quickly. I cried both during and after this event, and when we were sent back I could not read fast enough.

The last pages of this chapter of Sabine's life had me crying with happiness, I was so relieved, and while I was still torn up about it in her Roxbury life, I was glad that she had this moment of happiness, this moment of possibilities after everything she has experienced.

Deep down inside I knew something was coming, I just didn't expect it to happen to fast. It wasn't till it happened that I realised how emotionally invested I had become in Sabine's life, and another's life. It felt like my heart had been torn out of my body, stomped on, shredded, and put back into place. Even after the reading the last few pages of the book I was still hurting over what had happened.

Between the Lives is a fantastic read that really holds it's own among the other parallel world books I have read. You HAVE to read this.




Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick & Suzanne Young

Just Like Fate was a book by two authors that were both new to me, but the synopsis of the story really intrigued me. It may be confusing have a book split into two different paths, but the idea and the way it was presented worked amazingly well and I devoured the book. One thing that I really connected with was the whole serenading a song with your name, and I explain the full reason in my review.

'Because when your name is Caroline, every one thinks you wants to be serenaded with it. All the time'
[Page 107 UK proof]

I totally get this point and I laughed so loud and so long when I read it. Having a name that can be linked to a song isn't the best thing in the world, and I have two names that can be linked.



So that's my short but sweet list of my favourite stand alone books so far this year. Have you read any of these books, what did you think? Can you recommend any other stand alone books that I might enjoy?

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree on Between The Lives, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one I have read is Maybe Someday and I loved it so much. It was such a great reading experience, I now feel like every book should come with it's own soundtrack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Just Like Fate- must read Between the Lives soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...