Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Review: The Mission [MTG Agencies #2] by Fiona Palmer


Title: The Mission
Author: Fiona Palmer
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult
Series: MTG Agencies #2
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Escape Publishing
Publication Date: 22nd November 2014

Tell Me About It
Recruited into the secretive, shrouded MTG Agency, Jaz dives headfirst into her training, regretting nothing about her decision to help save the world at the age of 17. Now she’s ready and anxious for her first mission — to prove she has what it takes... and to start making a difference.

The only thing that stands in her way is Ryan, the dangerous and sexy agent who first recruited her, and is now guiding her. He doesn’t want Jaz to sink too deeply too quickly into his world of secrets and lies, but his inability to trust her to know her own mind only makes Jaz furious.

When a job comes along that only Jaz can do, Ryan has to let go, and Jaz soon learns that she can swim with sharks, but she’ll come away with scars.
My Thoughts
I have been looking forward to reading The Mission, and the wait to be approved felt like a lifetime for me. As soon as I was able to I made a start on reading this book and managed to do it in two sitting. There are both positive and negative things about this book and they will be explained in my review.
The Mission has a lot going on within the pages. Jaz has her own mission, her best friend Taylor is held at gun point, old enemies reappear, and the webs of deceit soon find themselves tangled with each other, connecting one person to another.

The Positive
I like how Jaz finally has her own solo mission. I enjoyed seeing her sneaky ways to meet her target, Marcus, and wheedle he way quickly into his life. Meeting his friends and family.
Liked how we still get to see Taylor and Anna in this book, although Anna is distracted with her new boyfriend and Taylor seems to be realising what he is missing and mopes around a lot.

The Negative
This book just ended far too soon for me, I felt like there were too many things left open and we didn't really get closure on any of the situations that happen.
With so much going on I found it hard to keep track of who was who, who they were an enemy to, and to what 'mission' they related to.
I also felt like for the size of the book that too much information was packed into it, and that the characters didn't really progress as much as what I hoped.

Overall I think The Mission would have been a bit more enjoyable with less going on, making it easier to follow the plots. I would have liked closure on one of the situations as I feel that going into the next book will be hard to get back into the plot and separate the different aspects again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...