Sunday, 7 December 2014

Stacking the Shelves


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

This week I received…….

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven from netgalley for review
Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick from Jim at YA Yeah Yeah
My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga from Sarah at Feeling Fictional
Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder from netgalley for review

Heart Thaw by Liz Reinhardt purchased by myself
Take Them By Storm by Marie Landry for review
Fashion Assassin by Sarah Sky from publisher for review
Fault Lines by D.J. McCune from publisher for review
Star Thief by Jamie Grey free on amazon



Books and goodies from Walker Books blogger breakfast & Macmillan Blogger brunch
Walker Books
Make your own Gingerbread house|Bookmarks|Chocolate & Candy cane
The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B by Teresa Toten
Shadows on the Moon by Zoë Marriott
The Night Itself by Zoë Marriott
Darkness Hidden by Zoë Marriott
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf by Ambelin Kwaymullina
The Bane Chronicles by Various Authors

Macmillan Children's Books
Cake|Pink Fairy Lights|Tote Bag|Postcards|Swag
Stella by Helen Eve
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
Cuckoo Song by Frances Hardinge
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie


I ordered these in November, and its taken a while to get here, but I paid about £7 for all of this with free shipping so I can't complain.
rabbit gel pen|vitamin pen|cat pen|dustbin desktop tidy|snowflake cutter
animal memo/post it notes|cat in a box post it notes|cupcake post it notes

I am beyond excited for some of my books this week.
  • All The Bright Places was one I saw on another blog and really liked the synopsis so I found it on netgalley and snagged a copy.
  • Black Ice is from Jim and I have heard mixed things about this book so I am eager to see what I think of it.
  • My Heart and Other Black Holes is from Sarah and this is another one that sounds interesting, but one I haven't seen many reviews of.
  • SHADOW STUDY (yes I did need to use caps for this one...and a different colour, and make it bigger) my reaction to finding this on netgalley is equal to my boyfriend winning millions of pounds (he told me that) This isn't published till Feb and I really want to read it now, but I have other books I need to read before this, but the important things is that I have it..
  • Heart Thaw is one I HAD to buy, Liz Reinhardt is the author and I LOVE her work.
  • Take Them By Storm is one I have been signed up to review for ages and I am so glad I finally have a copy of it.
  • Fashion Assassin is the second book in this series, and while the first one didn't wow me, I am interested in seeing where this series goes.
  • Fault Lines is another book I can't wait to read, I need to know how the protagonist is going to balance both of his lives and make it work.
  • The Star Thief was free on amazon and came highly recommended from an author I love.


My goodies from the publishers I am really looking forward to reading, especially The Haunting of Sunshine Girl and I'll Give You the Sun

What exciting things did you receive this week?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome stack of books this week. I see quite a few books that we have in common. Got to love those freebies on Amazon.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Little Something Different is completely adorable! I can't wait to get stuck into Shadow Study and I'll Give You the Sun. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot, I hope you LOVE Shadow Study :D I also hope you read The Night Itself since I quite enjoyed it :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...