Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Mini Review: The Only Answer [The Only Exception #2] by Magan Vernon


Title: The Only Answer
Author: Magan Vernon
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: New Adult
Series: The Only Exception #2
Source: Purchased by myself
Publisher: Beautifully Broken Books
Publication Date: 25th August 2014
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
The sequel to the international hit, The Only Exception.

A boy burdened with a family legacy.
A girl haunted by a shattered past.
Both searching for answers to a future threatened by the unknown.

Three years ago, conservative Trey Chapman and liberal Monica Remy met their match in one another - and made the only exception that would change their lives forever.
Now, Trey's father is running for president, forcing Trey and Monica to put aside their personal beliefs to be the model of perfection.

But fate has other ideas, casting the family in scandal.

Some seek to use that disgrace to further their family legacy, while others refuse to let go of the past. Trey and Monica soon find themselves lost among questions that challenge their true feelings. Will they be able to rediscover that the only answer lies with one another, or will they lose each other forever?

My Thoughts
I've had The Only Answer for a few months waiting to be read, and it somehow got lost among the rest of the books on my iPad. After having some down time between books I picked this one up and began to make a start on it.
The Only Answer is a book I wish I had read sooner. I forgot how much I love these characters and I really enjoyed getting to visit their world again. What made this even better is getting to see Valerie from Forever Wild again and catch up with her.

The Only Answer sees Trey and Monica face an unexpected complication in their relationship, and instead of making life easier, it makes it so very complicated and pretty soon this couple find themselves in the middle of a media storm, with all eyes on them and Trey's Dad's campaign, The Only Answer was a quick read for me, but I devoured every single page. The progression of the story didn't feel rushed but progressed at a steady pace.

Everything about The Only Answer was perfect and while I wish it was longer, I am happy with how it ended.

Final Verdict
A great addition to this series and one that I really enjoyed. My favourite of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...