Friday, 30 January 2015

Mini Review: You Were Mine [Rosemary Beach #9] by Abbi Glines


Title: You Were Mine
Author: Abbi Glines
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: New Adult
Series: Rosemary Beach #9
Source: Purchased by myself
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK
Publication Date: 2nd December 2014
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
In the eyes of the wealthy playboys who frequent Kerrington Country Club in Rosemary Beach, Tripp Newark is a hero. Under pressure from his parents to become a lawyer and lead a conservative, upper-class life, Tripp disappeared from town five years ago to travel the world, forfeiting the opportunity to inherit millions. Yet few know what he was really running from…
Bethy Lowry's life was unravelling long before her boyfriend drowned in a riptide trying to save her after she'd had one too many drinks - again. A trailer park kid working among the wealthy patrons of Kerrington Country Club, Bethy has always been impressionable. But five years ago, before she earned her reputation as a hard-drinking, easy girl, she had spent a single summer with Tripp Newark that changed her life forever…
My Thoughts
Rosemary Beach is a series that I have loved from the minute I began reading it, which was late into the series itself, each new addition has been pre-ordered and devoured the minute it arrives on my kindle, however with You Were Mine I hesitant. While I like Bethy as a secondary character I wasn't sure how much I would love her as a primary character, as someone who would share their story, and with Tripp basically being an unknown in this equation the book didn't exactly jump out at me saying 'read me now'. A recent break in my review pile allowed me to tackle You Were Mine, and finally get to learn more about Bethy and Tripp.
"But you love her."
"More than my next breath," I replied.
[Woods to Tripp]
This is love, this is loving someone since you were 18 years old and not acting on it, this is 6 years of unrequited love out in the open. This is what made my heart melt for Tripp and really see him as a person, as someone who I could fall in love with and need to know how it all ends for him.

Tripp and Betty's relationship is complicated from the beginning. He is too old for her (legally) so while he can't act on his feelings he is there as a friend. Bethy also has feelings for him, but doesn't initially act on them. But the constant companionship of the other person brings their feelings to the surface, and what started out as a simple friendship quickly turns into something more, and to keep Bethy safe Tripp leaves, with no reason or explanation.

You Were Mine is another amazing installment in the Rosemary Beach series, and while I began reading wary about what I would think, I finished with thoughts running through my head over how much I loved You Were Mine, and how much my perception of Beth and Tripp had changed over the course of the book. I really do wish I had read this book the minute it was published, however my procrastinating means I don't have as long a wait for the next book.

Final Verdict
Another great addition to this series from Abbi, and I can't wait to jump straight into the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...