Monday, 5 January 2015

Review: Fashion Assassin [Jessica Cole: Model Spy #2] by Sarah Sky


Title: Fashion Assassin
Author: Sarah Sky
Author Info: Website|Twitter
Genre: Contemporary
Series: Jessica Cole: Model Spy #2
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Publication Date: 1st January 2015
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
Models, spies and lipstick gadgets in this fast-paced teen series. Supermodel Jessica Cole has no intention of ever spying again after she was nearly killed by an embittered ex-model and a rogue MI6 agent. That is until she's blackmailed into posing undercover as bodyguard to a very rich fellow model. What seems like a simple job aboard a luxurious yacht in Monaco soon turns into a deadly mission to stop the most dangerous weapon in the world falling into the wrong hands. Jessica will need every gadget in her make-up bag if she wants to get out of this one alive.
My Thoughts
I will be honest and admit that although I liked the previous book, Code Red Lipstick, there were parts that just didn't seem believable to me. So when Fashion Assassin came up for review I wanted to take the chance and read it, hoping that I would enjoy it more, and enjoy it I did.
After the events in Code Red Lipstick, Jessica has found it hard to get jobs, her name has been dragged through mud and no-one wants to work with her except Sebastian. On her way home from her shoot she is duped and taken to meet Margaret, who then blackmails her to be undercover bodyguard watching Kat Ingorokva, a spoilt model, and the daughter of a very rich man who has people out to get him.
However Jessica soon discovers that this new job isn't going to be as easy as she thought and finds herself in a lot of trouble.

Fashion Assassin was an enjoyable, action packed read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Jessica's latest mission and seeing what new gadgets she gets to take along with her. I also felt like Fashion Assassin was far more believable to me, the things that Jessica does, or manages to escape from felt like they could be done by a 'real' person. The characters annoyed me, but in the way they were meant to, especially Kat, but they also made me smile when unexpected things happen.

Fashion Assassin definitely had me wanting to know more, and find out what would happen next. Each new page added more tension to the scene, or added another element into the mix. When I thought I had the culprit picked out, someone else was thrown in to make me doubt myself, I even believed some things characters were saying.

The ending was dramatic, and full of action, and had me on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen. The last sentence of the book definitely has me very intrigued and wanting to know more. I can't wait to see what happens next for Jessica and her family.

Final Verdict
Fashion Assassin was an enjoyable book that has not only piqued my interest in the characters, but also this series. I need the next one now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really intrigued by this series! Looks like I'll need to find a copy of the first book...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...