Saturday, 3 January 2015

The Reading Queue: January 2015


The Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.
The Reading Queue is hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A true story.

Before we see what I plan to read this month, let's take a recap on the last two months Reading Queues and see how I did...
Endgame: The Calling by James Frey [DNF]
Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes [review]
Vowed by Liz de Jager [review]
Captive by Aimee Carter [review]
Until the End by Abbi Glines [review]
For the Win by Amber Garza

Of Neptune by Anna Banks
Crossed by Ally Condie
Reached by Ally Condie
Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston
Banished by Liz de Jager [review]
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater [review]
Ascend by Amanda Hocking
The Offering by Kimberly Derting
Daylighters by Rachel Caine [review to come]
Horizon by Alison Noel
Vortex by S.J. Kincaid [review]
The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
The Rising by Kelley Armstrong

SeaBEAN by Sarah Holding [review]
SeaWAR by Sarah Holding [review]
SeaRISE by Sarah Holding [review]
The Love Game & Playing for Keeps by Emma Hart [review] [review]
Cold Shadows by J.L Bryan [review]
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven [DNF]

I also managed to squeeze in the following books
Fish Out of Water by Natalie Whipple [review]
Catalyst by S.J. Kincaid [review]
Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover [review]
The Mission by Fiona Palmer [review]
All I Want: 12 Days of Forever by Heidi McLaughlin [review]
Take Them By Storm by Marie Landry [review]

Defenseless by Elisa Dane [review]
Breaking the Rules by Katie McGarry [review]
Marly's Ghost by David Levithan [review]
Fashion Assassin by Sarah Sky [review to come]
Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder [quick review on goodreads]

Looking back at the last two months worth of books I can clearly see that planning to read books from my TBR pile does not work at all. The ones I managed to read were read only because I had the next book in the series to read. There are also a lot of books above that I loved, and completely blew me away, and Shadow Study was my first 2015 read...and has set the standards very high for all other books I read this year.

Now it's time to take a look at what I plan to read for this months Reading Queue. Since I don't do well with scheduling my TBR books, I'm just planning my review books and adding the extras later.

Physical Review Books
Frostfire by Amanda Hocking
Fault Lines by D.J. McCune
Juvie by Steve Watkins
Talon by Julie Kagawa
Ensnared by A.G. Howard
The Fire Sermon by Francesca Haig

eBooks For Review
I Was Here by Gayle Forman
Love Hurts by Malorie Blackman
All Fall Down by Ally Carter
Soulprint by Megan Miranda

Now that you've seen what I plan to read, leave a link to your own Reading Queue so I can pop by and take a look

3 comments:

  1. Okay I'm intrigued by Frostfire. I've seen so many people talking about it, but I don't know anyone who has read it yet, so you'll have to keep me posted. I read Hocking's Trylle books and although I enjoyed them am not sure I like her writing style much. Like I said, you'll have to let me know how this new one is! :) Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing list of books. I need to up my game. I heard All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven was a tear jerker. What did you think of it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you read Catalyst! And you loved it! I still need to finish this series but I’m looking forward to it now that you’ve said it’s good. At least you have some awesome review books to get to. Cant’ wait to see what you fill those in with :) Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...