Sunday, 18 January 2015

The Sunday Post [3]


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

New arrivals this week......

For Review
The Novice by Taran Matharu from netgalley for review
The Crawling Darkness by J.L. Bryan from author for review
Love Bomb by Jenny McLachlan from publisher & netgalley for review
Better When He's Bold by Jay Crownover from publisher for review

Looking For Alaska by John Green from publisher
Life Unaware by Cole Gibsen from netgalley for review

Purchased/ Gifted or Freebies
If I Stay by Gayle Forman purchased by myself
Where She Went by Gayle Forman purchased by myself

The Novice is one that has been on my radar for a while and I am so happy I am already pre-approved for the publisher and I was able to get this the minute it was added. The Crawling Darkness is the third book in this series and another one I can't wait to read. I really enjoyed the previous book in this series. Love Bomb I got from netgalley, but also received a physical copy in the post. I enjoyed the first book in the series and I am intrigued by this one. Better When He's Bold is a book I have been desperate to read since I finished the first book. I LOVE Jay and her work and I am excited to start this one soon. Looking For Alaska is the 10th anniversary edition, it's a hardback in a lovely foil cover. This will be one I read at home so it doesn't get damaged in the travel journeys. Life Unaware sounds interesting and was one I didn't expect to get approved for.

I have already read Gayle's books, and I was planning to get the box set edition from The Book Depository. But when I saw these in the shop I had to buy them, not only were they cheaper, but they definitely matched.

Highlights from the last two weeks
  • Its your last few hours left to vote for your favourite cover of Independent Study with Book Wars.
  • I posted a mini review of The Only Answer on Tuesday.
  • Take a look and see book what I'm Waiting on Wednesday for.
  • Life of a Blogger shares what bad habits I have.
  • My 5 star review of Ensnared by A.G. Howard went live yesterday.
  • Take a look at the first chapter of Blurred Lines by Jen McLaughlin


Around the blogosphere

I saw a post on twitter by Melissa Marr about The Third Twin, she shares her reasons why you should buy this book. I re-tweeted and tweeted the link on twitter, but thought I would also share it on my blog.

Harlequin have a cover spotlight on Maria V. Snyder's books. They look absolutely amazing and I am so tempted to buy these myself.

4 comments:

  1. Nice review haul! I've been curious about The Novice, so I hope it's good.

    The redesign on Maria V. Snyder's books looks so good! I own a few of the different covers since I bought from different sources... almost wish I'd waited for the new ones.

    Leeanna.me: The Reading Machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Novice has me curious and I see why you tweeted for Melissa. Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Bomb looks so cute! :-) I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mix of books there. I haven't read anything by Gayle Forman but I always hear great things about her books! And I'm looking forward to starting The Novice too, it sounds like my kind of read. Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...