Saturday, 28 February 2015

Honourable Mentions

Honourable Mentions is a way for me to share books that I did not finish, but still give them a chance to get some recognition on my blog. The following books have a lot of reasons for me not finishing the book, either I could not get into the story, or I didn't like the characters, or even something as simple as I wasn't feeling the book at that moment in time.

Promposal by Rhonda Helms
Really can't get into this book. I can't really get motivated to feel anything towards the characters and I just feel like I'm reading the words but not really taking anything in.

Gifted by Donald Hounam
Not really feeling this one.

All Fall Down by Ally Carter
I've made it to 50% of the book and I really dislike the protagonist, she comes across as whiney and the constant repetition from her is annoying. Just not for me.

The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne
This has so much potential to be an amazingly creepy, plays on your mind book, and for me it just didn't live up to that. The writing just didn't seem to fit with me, going from an overabundance of detail, to hardly any. I couldn't relate to the characters and I really didn't mind what happened to them or the twins.

Soulprint by Megan Miranda
This sounded like a unique book to read, the idea behind it really interested me, but when it came down to it I lost interest. The first few chapters had be engrossed but the minute she was gone and they had to travel it became too boring for me.

Brotherhood of Shades by Dawn Finch
This one confused me within the first few chapters, from then on I was fighting a losing battle.

Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton
This sounded so promising, but once the initial introduction was over I found myself getting distracted and not really interested in what was going on.
I liked the idea of the weapons and how they can change forms, but after that nothing really interested me.

Half Bad by Sally Green
I have heard nothing but great things about this book, unfortunately I just couldn't get into it. I didn't really like the writing style, and the inner monologue just bored me.


Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? Leave a link to you reviews for any of these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...