[Hosted by Novel Heartbeat]
What is it?
It’s a weekly feature. Each week I will choose a subject and talk about that subject in my life. The topics will be non-bookish so that you can get to know me on a more personal level! I definitely encourage you guys to participate, too. I want this to be meme style with a linky for you to add your posts to. I want to know more about you guys as well!
When is it?
Every Thursday. It doesn’t really matter when you post, though, as long as it’s not before 12 AM EST on a Thursday. If it’s more convenient to post on another day of the week, that’s perfectly fine! Just remember to come back and add your link to the linky :)
See the full list of topics HERE.
Todays topic is......
Websites (favorites & most used)
As I blogger I tend to use the same sites consistently, and I have a few that I stalk daily for personal things.
- Goodreads - This is obviously for all of my book information, updates on reading/read etc, and adding more books to my ever growing TBR pile.
- NetGalley - Again, this one is for books, but mainly review book request. This is a daily activity for me as I like to check each day for new updates to the site.
- Blogger - As I am on blogspot for my blog I visit it daily to add posts or updates onto my blog.
- Facebook - This is both blogger and personal. I check everyday for my blog related stuff, but also for updates from friends too.
- Booksites - Amazon|Waterstones|W.H.Smith|The Works are where I get the majority of my books from. I wish I had a decent book shop closer to me but I have to travel into town for that, and I think there is only really Waterstones or The Works that has a decent selection. It also helps that when you are trying to watch the pennies, I can buy books cheaper online than in the shop itself.
- Google Calendar - I use this to schedule on my blog, it's connected to my phone and iPad so if I'm out and about I can access it and reply to emails about blog tours, guest posts etc, but also keep track of what post is scheduled, what books are released, what books I've requested.
- Bookbridger - This is like the UK version of NetGalley. It's for UK and ROI bloggers and only has a selection of books from certain publishers or imprints, so it's not as vast as NetGalley but still a great site for UK bloggers.
- Buzzfeed - I very rarely go on this one, but I love any post with animals or cats in it. The cat related ones end up getting sent to my b/f :)