Thursday, 5 February 2015

Mini Review: Ascend [Trylle #3] by Amanda Hocking


Title: Ascend
Author: Amanda Hocking
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Trylle #3
Source: Purchased by myself
Publisher: Tor
Publication Date: 26th April 2012
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
The final book in the Trylle Trilogy..

With a war looming on the horizon, Wendy's fate seems sealed.But everything she sacrificed might be in vain if she can't save the ones she loves.

Her whole life has been leading up to this, and it's all coming to an end.
My Thoughts
It's been a while since I read this series and last visited this world, considering I purchased this book in the publication year you can see how long it's been. I honestly did not think I had Ascend for this long waiting to be read, and while I could say I wanted this series to last forever, I honestly just never got around to picking it up. When I began reading Ascend I initially struggled to remember who was who and put the names to the characters, but I quickly got it all sorted in my head and after a few pages didn't have anymore problems.

Once I had my head around the characters I found it easy to fall back into the world of Wendy and the Trylle. The writing and the way the scenes are set made it sound so picturesque, even though there was the ever constant threat of war. As a character Wendy has grown, and Ascend sees her a princess, a wife, and a strong figure head. Even though she is finding it hard to prove herself and sees her fair share of battle of wills, she is determined to not let her home, her people lose their own lives, she faces the danger head on, with some occasional foolish ideas, and is determined to see it to the end.
She also has some revolutionary ideas, for the Trylle anyway, and wants her people to live more better, for people to be seen and treated equally, that Trackers are worth no less than a Markis, that they are just important to society. I really liked her way of thinking and how her reign shows only small, but great changes to the way society is run.

Ascend was full of action, romance, and throughout I was never sure who Wendy would settle with, with Tove, Loki, and Finn presence always felt it made it so much harder for her to really go with her heart, and the person who she chooses wasn't one I expected, and while I am slightly disappointed with her choice, the two remaining males do find their own futures.

Final Verdict
Ascend is the perfect end to this series, it answers all the questions from previous books, and ties up all lose ends. I devoured the last few chapters needing to know how it all went down in the end. I do wish I had read this one when I first picked it up instead of waiting years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...