Monday, 2 February 2015

Mini Review: The 'Naturals [Episodes 1-4] by Various authors


Title: The 'Naturals: Season One [Episodes 1-4]
Authors: Aaron Patterson, Melody Carlson, Robin Parrish, K.C. Neal
Genre: Young Adult
Series: The Naturals Season One
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: StoneHouse Ink
Publication Date: 14th October 2012
Rating: 3 stars

Tell Me About It
***This book is a Serial. Serials are stories published in episodes, with future episodes released every three weeks. This book contains four episodes out of an estimated twenty total episodes.***

The 'Naturals
Season One: "Awakening"

A small town full of secrets. A coming darkness. Teenagers with supernatural abilities. Think you know the story?

Think again.

As Summer ends, the students at Silverwood High are getting ready to go back to school and resume their normal, everyday lives. Too bad "normal" is no longer an option.

When these teens get their very first tastes of what destiny has in store, will they embrace that destiny... or flee from it? Will they be selfless... or ruthless? Will they master their abilities... or will their abilities master them?

This is their awakening, the first step of an epic journey. But it's only the beginning of something bigger than they could ever imagine.

Four teenagers. One town.

Four authors. One story.

The sleepy little town of Silverwood is about to wake up.

My Thoughts
I knew going into The 'Naturals that it was a very short read, but I expected more. We have four different stories focusing on four different people, and to me it felt like you are just getting to know the character, know their quirks and get a hint at what their gift is, leaving you wanting to find out what happens next for each of them, when their story ends and we meet someone new.

I did like the idea behind the 'gifts' they have, and I am curious over what they are and what they can do, I just felt like we weren't given enough time to connect with them. I know The 'Naturals is the start of a series, and that it is less than 50 pages long, I just wanted to know each character a bit better.

Final Verdict
The 'Naturals is an interesting read that has piqued my curiosity, but I wanted more information, more detail, and more time with the characters. I do want to know what happens next, and there is a finished 'season' available to buy which I intend to do on payday.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting but I think I would end up wanting more as well. Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the 'complete season' after reading about this as it was pretty cheap, looking forward to reading it at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...