Sunday, 15 February 2015

The Sunday Post [7]


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

New arrivals this week......

For Review
One Thing Stolen by Beth Kephart from publisher for review
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle from netgalley for review
My Best Everything by Sarah Tomp from netgalley for review
Black Horizon by M.G. Harris from publisher for review

Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally from netgalley for review
The whisper by Emma Clayton from publisher [unsolicited]
The Magnificent Lizzie Brown and the Mysterious Phantom by Vicki Lockwood from publisher [unsolicited]
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black from publisher
The Sin Eaters Daughter by Melinda Salisbury from publisher

Purchased/ Gifted or Freebies
Blurred Lines by Jen McLaughlin purchased by myself
Between Us by Jen McLaughlin purchased by myself
Beyond Me by Jennifer Probst purchased by myself
Before You by Jenna Bennett purchased by myself

One Thing Stolen sounds like an interesting read, and I am very intrigued to learn more about this one. The Accident Season is another interesting book and I can't wait to discover what this curse is. Black Horizon was a request from a while ago, it's not one I had heard of before the email, but one that caught my attention. Breathe Annie, Breathe is a request I did not expect to get approved for, it's also the 5th book in the Hundred Oaks series, so I need to get the previous ones read before I tackle this one. The Darkest Part of the Forest is a finished copy of the book sent from the publisher. The Sin Eaters Daughter is my next read, this one caught my attention the minute I heard about it and I can't wait to get stuck into this one.
Highlights from the blog
  • Monday - Book Wars today is between the UK and US covers of Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder, make sure to vote before we close it later today.
  • Tuesday - I posted my review for Frostfire, a spin off  from the Trylle series by Amanda Hocking. It's a promising start to a new world.
  • Tuesday - I also posted a mini review for Forsaken by Kelley Armstrong.
  • Wednesday - Take a look and see what my Waiting on Wednesday was this week.
  • Wednesday - I posted my review on The Crawling Darkness by J.L. Bryan, this one definitely creeped me out.
  • Thursday - This saw me posting my favourite and most visited websites for Life of a Blogger.
  • Saturday - I shared some news from around the web, and also some author events in my area with Bookish and Bloggish news.


What exciting things did you receive this week?

7 comments:

  1. I see that we got one book in common this week. You got a nice list of books. They look amazing. I hope that you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these books sure look great! I got way too many books from NetGalley and Edelweiss this week. It seems like for every book I finish, I add two more to my e-reader. Not good any way that you look at it. LOL! I especially am looking forward to reading The Darkest Part of the Forest also- it looks/sounds great! I hope that you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all of those great books. I'm hoping to read The Darkest Part of the Forest soon and I'll have to check out Black Horizon.
    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/15/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-97-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to read the Holly Black and the cover of the Sin eater's daughter is eye-catching. Enjoy your book haul and have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sin Eater's Daughter and The Darkest Part of the Forest are both absolutely brilliant. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant haul, Michelle. I'm really looking forward to The Sin Eater's Daughter. I hope you enjoy your new books! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...