Sunday, 22 February 2015

The Sunday Post [8]


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

New arrivals this week......

For Review
The Curse Keepers Collection by Denise Grover Swank from NetGalley
The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge from NetGalley
More Than Comics by Elizabeth Briggs from NetGalley
The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey from NetGalley

Cartel by Lili St. Germain from publisher
All That Glitters by Holly Smale from NetGalley
The Legacy Human by Susan Kaye Quinn

The Curse Keepers
is one I have seen on NetGalley but didn't pick up as it was only the second book, when I saw the complete collection I took it as this was NetGalleys way of telling me to read these books.
The Lie Tree I heard about at a blogger event and it sounds really great, I can't wait to make a start on this one soon.
More Than Comics is another book in a series that I like, and I can't wait to get this one read over the next few days.
The Girl at Midnight was an old request that I had given up on, so was surprised to get the email saying I had been approved.
Cartel was promoted as similar to books I have read and loved, so I am interested to see what this is really like.
All That Glitters was an automatic approval, which was downloaded and read the same day. I loved this book so much and my review is already live on my blog here.
I have read a few of Susan Kaye Quinn's books and really like them, not only does The Legacy Human sound amazing but the cover is great too...it just hasn't been revealed yet.
Purchased/ Gifted or Freebies
What If by Rebecca Donovan won from Sarah @ Feeling Fictional
Depths by Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt purchased by myself
12 Days of Forever by Heidi McLaughlin purchased by myself
Ransom by Rachel Schurig free on amazon

Red Hill by Jamie McGuire purchased by myself
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare purchased by myself

Be With Me by J.Lynn audiobook purchased with credit
Virals by Kathy Reichs audiobook purchased with credit

Depths12 Days of Forever are my third copies of both of these books. I have them both on kindle, and I have the old style cover for Depths, but have started my collection of them again with all new covers. 12 Days of Forever I also have in an anthology, but I needed the paperback to go with the rest.
What If is a book that has been on my wish list since I first heard about it, and I am super happy I won a copy from Feeling Fictional.
Ransom sounds interesting, and was also free on amazon.
Red Hill is one by an author who I like but never got around to buying, I saw this at a book sale and got it for only £1.50.
City of Heavenly Fire is one I own on kindle, but I have not read yet. When my friend pointed this one out to me in The Works I had to buy it. Not only was it a bargain price of £2.99, but it was also the smaller edition that I have been waiting to buy to match my others in this series.
Be With Me & Virals I have already read, but decided I needed them on audio too.
Highlights from the blog
  • Monday: It's your last few hours to get voting for your favourite cover of Wait For You by J.Lynn in our Book Wars post.
  • Monday: My review of Blackout by Peter Jay Black went live today, this is another get addition to this series and I can't wait for the net to be published.
  • Tuesday: I took part in the release day blitz for Dare to Dream by Carys Jones, take a look and see what it's all about.
  • Wednesday: See what I'm Waiting in Wednesday for today.
  • Wednesday: My review of The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury went live today, not only does it have an amazing cover, I loved the book too.
  • Friday: All That Glitters by holly Smale is the fastest I have ever read and reviewed a book, take a look and see what I loved about this newest addition to the Geek Girl series.
  • Friday: My review of Blushing by Katie Delahanty was also posted today, see what I liked about this book with my review.
  • Friday: I asked an interesting question today, Do you DNF?

Around the blogosphere

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is getting a makeover, and I am so in love with the new cover. Each book in this series and TID will all be getting a makeover. Even though my own collection is nearly complete, I am definitely going to be buying the US editions with the new covers. To check out the cover and see what Cassandra has to say, check out her post here.

What exciting things did you receive this week?

2 comments:

  1. You have me curious about the Curse Keepers and the Lie Tree. *sits on fingers to avoid one-clicking on netgalley and proceeds to type with nose* Oh and Virals looks awesome and the type of book I love on audio..I cannot wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lie tree looks particularly good - but I'm a tree nut :) And I need to finally read that series by Cassandra Clare... Have a great week, enjoy your books !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...