Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Audiobook Review: Finding My Forever [Beaumont #3] by Heidi McLaughlin


Title: Finding My Forever
Author: Heidi McLaughlin
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Narration: Joshua Story, Adrian Cox
Length: 8 hrs and 57 mins
Series: The Beaumont Series #3
Publisher: Heidi McLaughlin
Publication Date: 20th February 2015
Rating: 3.5 stars

Tell Me About It
Everywhere I look, my friends are settling down - marriage, children, white picket fences; but not me. Marriage isn't in the cards for me. I'm a ladies man.
A rock star.
I was born and raised in the industry.
I love everything about my life, especially the attention from the women that my status brings me.
Women find me. I don't chase. I know what they want and they know I'll deliver.
But after one look, one touch, one night...
Now I'm the one doing the chasing.
I need to find a way to show her that I'm serious, that I can change.
I need to find a way to show her that I can love her fully, and only her.
I need to find a way to show her that she's my forever.

My Thoughts
This has got to be one of the most hardest audiobook reviews I have ever written. I am so torn over what I really think of this audiobook. You all know I am a big fan of Heidi, and have been known to stay up till the early hours reading each new book and tweeting my progress, having The Beaumont Series on audio has been a great experience for me, and knowing that I LOVE Finding My Forever I could not wait to get my hands on the audio unfortunately it didn't meet my standards.

The Story
I love the story of Finding My Forever. Its a bad boy meets good girl love story that has a very hot, very sexy Brit in the form of Jimmy. I already knew the story going into this audiobook, but it was nice to have a refresher on it, and I really did feel like I was experiencing things all over again. MY thoughts about the story are no different to my review of the book. I laughed and cried just as much as I did reading, and once again loved seeing how far Jenna had come as a person, but also as a couple with Jimmy.

The Narration
This is the iffy bit for me. I am English, I have an English accent and was expecting a very English accent from Jimmy. However the narrator for Jimmy, Joshua Story, just didn't make the cut for me. His accent didn't sound English enough, even with the slight American twang that could have been picked up with living in America for so long, it just didn't work. Even some words that he said I had to work out what they were, and they were English slang or swearwords that I know and use. His singing didn't really cut it for me either, his voice wasn't right, and the tune for the song was all out of wack and got me confused trying to fix it in my head.
Adrian Cox, the narrator for Jenna however I really liked. She made Jenna come alive and I personally think she did a much better English accent than the male narrator did, and her singing was not only great, but also perfectly in tune with the song.

Final Verdict
If I was basing this audiobook on the story alone it would easily be 5 stars. Even with the narration from Adrian it would still be 5 stars. However, Joshua's narration brings it down for me. The enjoyment factor was overshadowed by the narration for me, and I really don't know if it's because I am English and I am being so picky over the English accent that I just didn't enjoy it as much. I'm interested in seeing what others think of this that aren't from England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...