Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Blog Tour: Blushing Blog Shower


Today as part of the blog tour, Blushing Blog Shower,  to celebrate the publication of Blushing by Katie Delahanty, I have Katie on the blog to share a guest post with you all.
Bridal Blush

I used to fantasize about the moment on my wedding day when my husband-to-be would lay eyes on me for the first time. I would swish demurely around the corner and glide to the top of the aisle, holding my breath in anticipation. Gazing discreetly at him from under my eyelashes, I would glimpse the moment of impact as his eyes registered the site of me in all of my bridal glory. We would lock eyes, and through the mist, I would be able to see his thoughts reflected: He would think I was more beautiful than anything in his wildest imaginings.

As the innocence of my bridal blush wore off, however, I began to realize that this was not the only entrance to be made on this most important of all days. Could it be that my groom’s fantasies might actually be wilder than the site of me perfectly coiffed, bustled, and veiled? I fast forwarded my musings to the end of our perfect day when, exhausted from the revelry, I would make my second entrance. Now, with tousled hair and smudged makeup I would slip out of my dream dress, and reveal a gaggle of underpinnings that included chicken cutlets, duct tape, a girdle (gasp!), thigh sucking leggings, and tube socks. What lay dormant under those luxurious layers of organza and tulle was not only uninspiring; it was decidedly revolting!

I could not let this happen. This was the moment HE had been dreaming about and I would not let him down on my first night of wifedom. With the determination that only a bride whose wedding day is on the edge of collapse could muster, I began to shop for my ensemble. I immediately and efficiently ruled out the cheesy, the crotch-less, and the unrefined. I was a BRIDE after all, not some sort of stripper Barbie doll. I searched high and low, leaving no corset unturned, until I found it; the answer to his dreams. A glorious garter here, a miraculous merry widow there--from playfully elegant babydolls to simply sexy chemises, I stocked up on goodies. My collection of delightful confections was guaranteed to please!

 My wedding was saved!!

But now….what to wear on the honeymoon!?!?!


a Rafflecopter giveaway
 photo pagedividernew_zpsfb35a852.png



About Katie
Katie never knew she was a writer. Her childhood obsessions centered on old movies, costumes, fashion, playing dress up, and books. Lots of books. On her quest to play make believe for a living she decided she wanted to be a fashion designer and after satisfying her practical parents by graduating from UCLA with a BA in Communication Studies she went on to pursue her design dreams with a Professional Designation in Fashion Design from FIDM. She spent five years helping to design romantic dresses that were sold everywhere from Anthropologie to Nordstrom before the economic downturn led to a career shift and that practical degree came in handy. Now in charge of the ecommerce business for In Bloom Lingerie, she was asked to start the company blog. Not knowing what to say about lingerie but needing to use bridal keywords, she decided to start a fictional serial about how a girl named Olivia Bloom, who worked for In Bloom Lingerie, became engaged. And that's when Katie fell in love with storytelling and the path to make believe became clear. She hasn't looked back since.

Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram - Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...